No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
    It is VERY hard to spar and keep a much bigger guy at a distance for twelve whole rounds, Sergio was deservedly very tired. He looked 185 or 190 in the ring.
    This is where Im getting at. The KD was more from fatigue and Martinez's style than anything. As a matter of fact, shame on Chavez for not being able to hurt Martinez earlier. And he was the one getting bullied.
    Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    Im happy. That made my damn night. I hate his smug attitude in the ring. He showboats but he wont sit still long enough to put something behind his punches? Thats unacceptable for me.
    Excuse me? He hurt Chavez at the end of the 4th and was backing him down at times. A 200lb guy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      Im happy. That made my damn night. I hate his smug attitude in the ring. He showboats but he wont sit still long enough to put something behind his punches? Thats unacceptable for me.

I got sick of him showboating and putting his hands down. His style is played. Im glad he got detached from the world for those 15 seconds.

I just didnt liek the way he fought today. He wasnt sure of himself. He was too busy trying to look cute. Jr was ready to go to war.
      you clearly dont know **** so no point of even trying to make you realize how dumb of a statement that is

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        He was a bit hurt once, he won the fight. Martinez fought toe to toe with Chavez Jr, while being hurt, didn't even hold. Chavez Jr did nothing.
        Dont get me wrong I had it 117-110 Martinez. At that stage in the fight both of them are on fumes. I actually thought the ref was going to stop it Jr was getting off some clean haymakers.

Comment

Late starter...............
          Get over it...

Martinez #2/#3 P4P. Ward is behind him.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Martinez looked worse against Macklin and Barker IMO, despite stopping them both. He looked worse technically.

I say it's the best time because this is Martinez's most popular win, first HBO PPV, and him and Mayweather are almost the same age, like one year apart. I thought Martinez looked better in this fight, excluding the 12th round, that he did against Macklin.
            You box, what Floyd specializes in, Martinez, you beat him.

JCC Jr's style helped make for Sergio's best performance so far minus the last round. Sergio showed the abilities to tactically jab, consistently work the body, uppercut, and surprisingly infighting. He beat up an inside fighter on the inside at times. All this plus some good stamina.

Comment

• chavez easily dominated, lucky success for a minute, and now nut huggers want to say he shouldve won? Just cant give credit where its due. Martinez dominated. Ray Charles could have seen that. I understand his style might be annoying, but thats how you have to fight when the other guy outweighs you by a couple of classes. Dont hate cuz a slick fighter made Jr look amateur, which at best, he is. War Martinez!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                He said Arum would stop a potential Mayweather-Martinez fight which makes no sense.

Just like everything else he's said in this thread.
                I said Bob Arum will make the rematch.

And he will. Period.

Whats hard to understand out of that?

Comment

• I hope they release the fight night weights...

Comment

Late starter...............
                    Hahahaha... this dude literally only did something for 15 seconds per rounds... after the 5th.
                    By late you must mean he didn't realize he was fighting and had to do something until the lat rounds

Comment

• Julio Cesar Chavez Jr had to wait for a 37 year old man to get tired from whipping his ass before he finally did something. Reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons with Homer boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X