Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man the bar I was at EXPLODED.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      The 12th round ruined Martinez fighting Mayweather. Arum is making the rematch.
      How do you figure that? Martinez only made 1.4 and I'm sure the PPV numbers weren't as good as they could have been thank to GBP. Martinez needs to press the fight with Floyd and leave that cruiser weight alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
        I was dissapointed in chavez didnt throw **** for 11 rounds. But martinez is a btch talk all that **** and just jab the whole fight
        can't blame him bro. no one can go toe to toe with a Julio Cesar Chavez. Sr or JR.

Chavez made me proud tonight. Balls to the end. True Mexican.

Comment

The 12th round ruined Martinez fighting Mayweather. Arum is making the rematch.
          Arum does not promote Sergio Martinez

Comment

• I didn't watch the fight, but based on the messages on this board, it sounds like the Chave Jr. fans and the haters are trying to turn that last round into a Mosley moment. Shane Mosley landed two punches in the second round of the Mayweather fight that stunned Mayweather and the haters use that to claim that Mosley almost knocked him out and almost won.

Chavez Jr. scored a knockdown in the last round and his fans (including the HBO commentators) and the haters make it sound like he fought better than he did and almost won the fight. If he couldn't finish him, he didn't almost win and Martinez deserves credit for a dominating performance.

Comment

"Sergio moved alot during the fight"

a.k.a

"Sergio really surprised me talking so much trash then running like a bytch 8 out of 12 rounds."

Junior is the man. Period. Martinez has never been on ice like that.
              The man? He looked like a beaten child the entire fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post
                maybe pbf will now agree after watching this fight

Martinez looked worse against Macklin and Barker IMO, despite stopping them both. He looked worse technically.

I say it's the best time because this is Martinez's most popular win, first HBO PPV, and him and Mayweather are almost the same age, like one year apart. I thought Martinez looked better in this fight, excluding the 12th round, that he did against Macklin.

Comment

• Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                  I was dissapointed in chavez didnt throw **** for 11 rounds. But martinez is a btch talk all that **** and just jab the whole fight
                  So you wanted him to fight Chavez's fight by staying in the pocket and trading punches for 12 rounds? Give credit where it's due, the better man won the fight.

Comment

• and they said martinez would have a chance against mayweather

weak chin got exposed tonight

ref should have stopped time when serg was wasting non-KD ground time

Comment

• Originally posted by IIG View Post
                      Great 12th round, but who the hell wants a rematch? Bring on GGG.
                      This. No need for a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X