Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gesta Realizes The Tough Task of Beating Miguel Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying that Gesta is similar to Prescott is naive. There are no two fighters alike and the syles of two fighters create a unique chemistry every time. Vasquez may win but it wont be easy and Gesta will win some rounds.

Comment

I know its easier said than done but....

I reckon you need to get to vasquez's body. Miguel boxed and toyed effirtlessly against lenny zappavigna ( beat him with a left jab basically) but if you watch that fight, in one of the early rounds from memory...zappa hurt miguel with a left to the body. It was the only punch that zappa landed really...but it visibly backed off vasquez and he felt it. Fwiw...the left rip to the body is a signature punch of zappavigna.

Its nothing definite, but i think vasquez might be a little suss down stairs...if you can land on him there. He is a fragile build...looks like a two iron with ears.

Comment

A bit too early for Gesta, IMO, but not impossible. However, if he pulls up a win that'd be great.

Comment

Hopefully I am wrong but all I see coming of this is an easy win for Vazquez & him very likely getting robbed on the scorecards.

People claim they don't bet on boxing because of corruption - Ever thought of using that in your favour?

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
            Vazquez was also much greener when he fought Bradley. He was only 20 years old at the time and had a year and a half of experience as a pro.
            Bradley was also very green..Don't make it sound like Bradley was vet or something..They both were rookies...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              Bradley was also very green..Don't make it sound like Bradley was vet or something..They both were rookies...
              Bradley was an accomplished amateur and had several more years of experience under his belt as a pro. He had been seasoned gradually against former title challengers, whereas, Vazquez was just thrust into a big fight without having fought anyone notable at that point in his very young career, other than Alvarez in his debut.

Comment

Originally posted by perfect jet View Post
                I know its easier said than done but....

I reckon you need to get to vasquez's body. Miguel boxed and toyed effirtlessly against lenny zappavigna ( beat him with a left jab basically) but if you watch that fight, in one of the early rounds from memory...zappa hurt miguel with a left to the body. It was the only punch that zappa landed really...but it visibly backed off vasquez and he felt it. Fwiw...the left rip to the body is a signature punch of zappavigna.

Its nothing definite, but i think vasquez might be a little suss down stairs...if you can land on him there. He is a fragile build...looks like a two iron with ears.

Vazquez has been in there with several hard punchers in the past, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that he's weak to the body just because he was momentarily affected by a punch.

However, I have noticed that Gesta often loses focus or becomes frustrated when he's either unable to land cleanly on his opponent, or his opponent lands cleanly on him. After his fight with Barnett, he literally said that he "forgot" to throw to the body, ha. I think Vazquez is going to have him frustrated all night and he'll have difficulty getting into a rhythm.

Comment

Don't care if Gesta loses, which most likely he will, but as long as he puts up a good fight and gets some good experience from the fight he will be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
                    Vazquez has been in there with several hard punchers in the past, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that he's weak to the body just because he was momentarily affected by a punch.

However, I have noticed that Gesta often loses focus or becomes frustrated when he's either unable to land cleanly on his opponent, or his opponent lands cleanly on him. After his fight with Barnett, he literally said that he "forgot" to throw to the body, ha. I think Vazquez is going to have him frustrated all night and he'll have difficulty getting into a rhythm.
                    Shows how inexperienced he and HIS CORNER is for not advising him to do so. If you watched his fight before the Barnett fight you can see he has some good bodywork and that's what attracted me about him. I also said if he wants to progress and get better he might need to dump his corner and find a better one.

Comment

Working...
                    X