Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gesta Realizes The Tough Task of Beating Miguel Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way is this an easy fight for either guy. Gesta is not some face forward fighter like Vasquez has fought a number of times. This could go either way, maybe a slight edge to Vasquez.

Comment

Miguel vazquez will win this by ud. Gesta has faced nothing but hobo joes and boxcar willies.

Comment

good fight imo, gesta will come to fight but i can't see vazquez losing this one. gesta is also a relatively known name throughout the boxing community imo, so it's good to see vazquez fighting him. hopefully this fight sets up a big unification clash with either the demarco/molina winner or the mitchell/burns winner. it'll give way for a ring lightweight champ to be crowned. good fights going down in the lightweight division, looking forward to them. hope this one is a done deal though (or gets done soon).

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          No way is this an easy fight for either guy. Gesta is not some face forward fighter like Vasquez has fought a number of times. This could go either way, maybe a slight edge to Vasquez.
          Gesta is limited, while Vazquez is a very slick and skillful boxer. I just can't see Miguel losing against Mercito.

Comment

Bam-bam - Abril in the making? Hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by bloche123
              Vasquez is going to own this guy from the first round on. His only losses were to canelo and he beat a better version of gesta in prescott.
              Don't forget Tim Bradley schooled the shizit out of Vasquez. But yeah I agree I see this fight as a win for Vasquez in a tough but clear UD.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                Don't forget Tim Bradley schooled the shizit out of Vasquez. But yeah I agree I see this fight as a win for Vasquez in a tough but clear UD.
                Vazquez was also much greener when he fought Bradley. He was only 20 years old at the time and had a year and a half of experience as a pro.

Comment

Whether it's Mercito Gesta or Adrian Broner, Miguel Vazquez will be more than ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
                    Vazquez was also much greener when he fought Bradley. He was only 20 years old at the time and had a year and a half of experience as a pro.
                    Thats true they had about the same amount of fights but Bradley had much more experience. Vasquez just stepped up too soon. Bradley won just about every round of that fight though. Other than the 2nd Canelo loss Vasquez has won every fight easily except for the Prescott fight. I like Vasquez against anyone in the division other than Abril. It's too bad Rios moved up I would have loved to see Rios-Vasquez

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                      Gesta is limited, while Vazquez is a very slick and skillful boxer. I just can't see Miguel losing against Mercito.
                      They said that about 10 times in the last year before many upsets. Anything can happen in that ring. There is no such thing as a sure thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X