No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beltran Feels Pacquiao Will Select Fourth Marquez Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
    I agree about the 4th Marquez fight. But still there's nothing else to prove for both fighters. It's just a money grab at this point with similar results, or else the excuses will fly high.

I don't think Pacquiao should fight Bradley. He broke the man physically and mentally. Bradley's on moodswings now. Cotto's career ends if the fight's above 147 due to more accumulative punishment from better punch resistance (i.e., Margarito).

I'd rather have Pacquiao fight fresh and competitive foes. But who else is there, realistically (someone credible who can make welterweight, not a fighter under Haymon or Golden Boy)?
    I see what your saying but pacquaio only has like 2 or maybe 3 fights left in him. I agree with wanting to see him fight fresh faces but who's left? there are a few up and coming fighters in the game but still have a lot to prove before they can tango with Pacquaio.
    Cotto's career ends above 147? Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with that. he's currently fighting as a Jr Middleweight @ 154 lb. Cotto is small in stature but naturally a big boned guy. So he should be good.
    Last edited by codey; 08-08-2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

i remember a while ago someone had a photoshopped pic of geriatric pacquiao and marquez with a pacquiao vs marquez 24. yeah.

Comment

I would prefer to see MP fight Bradley again as it would be a better test to see if he still has it or whether he is rapidly declining....after losing last time he should be hungry to get the KO so there are no disputes about the result but whether he is still able to KO someone is a different story so we will get to see what level he is now at IMO.

This isn`t directed at anyone in particular but it makes me laugh though when I read some of you saying you WILL NOT watch his next fight if it is against JMM.....maybe you won`t buy the PPV but I guarantee you will watch the fight at some point as you will want to know how it goes/went down so don`t try to kid anyone by saying you won`t watch the fight.

Whoever is his next opponent is intriguing enough to watch just to see how MP is doing these days and whether the beast is still inside him.

Also, could it be that he has had a few catch weights because he is naturally small and he cannot put a load of weight on so in order for him to be able to compete with guys slightly heavier than him he asks for a catchweight so at weigh in they are on equal terms and come fight night his opponents haven`t had enough time to balloon too much weight on top which would give them a severe advantage over him. Between weigh in and fight MP doesn`t put much weight on so by having a lower weigh in weight he tries to ensure that come fight night the opponent is relatively the same. I don`t think he is deliberately trying to drain opponents for a fight advantage. They sign the contracts anyway and know what to expect so why keep arguing about catch weights all the time and trying to make excuses.

If MP had fought FMJ in 2009/10 I would have picked MP but as the years have gone on he has declined so I would favour FMJ these days but if I am being honest I don`t want the fight anymore because they are both past their best now anyway so it wouldn`t be the fight we wanted to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
          What happens if there is another controversial decision? Will they fight a fifth time? It goes on and on.

Pleeease stop calling Pacquiao P4P number one. This dude has gotten a ridiculous pass from the media the last few years. The guy is full of excuses, but everybody loves him because he plays dumb.
          Man f^ck this 4th fight.

Who is that broad in ya Avy.....

Comment

if only chicken floyd is man enough to face pacman...there should be no pac-marquez 4 or pac-bradley again...

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
              Yup! He knows he lost all 3....
              LAWL! This coming from "your" idol who flew all the way to the Philippines to challenge Manny to a rematch knowing that he should've lost the first one were it not for scoring error. Marquez will always loom in Pacquiao's shadow in hopes he might get a gift decision or "robbery" over Manny like Bradley did to elevate his legacy to a level where it does not belong. Manny knows he's above and beyond Marquez that's why he has never shown any "real" interest in keeping this debacle between them going like Juan is. Pacquiao has real and legit reason to rematch Bradley again so as to prove he is the better fighter. Marquez had not one, but two tries to settle controversy in the first fight and he couldn't do it. Pacquiao deserves a rematch with bradley so he can beat him definitively and officially. Marquez vs Pac 4 does not need to happen what will beating him a 4th time prove? absolutely nothing, fight bradley, beat him hell even rubber match him if the rematch does good numbers and fight floyd or retire.

Comment

Originally posted by PR ESQ. View Post
                Have had enough of Arum and his bullshiet. Force feeds us fight nobody fuikn cares about.what a fourth snore fest with jmm,please would u just retire ya greedy ass man. Money May or keep steppin!
                There's the problem right there!!!!
                MORONS WILL PAY FOR THIS FIGHT. Both fighters and Bob Arum will make a lot of money and so this will just keep happening.

Comment

Working...
                X