No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beltran Feels Pacquiao Will Select Fourth Marquez Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    Pac is not the one being called a coward, so Pac losing some PPV won't hurt. Floyd having a legacy of avoidance and preservation will have a lasting sting.

Keep on ducking Floyd.
    Don't be mad a little chief.... However thank you for validating my point. Your type will be the first to jump on what ever BS Bob feeds the media after Pac has been milked dry and Floyd retires him soundly.

But calm yourself little chief and just be thankful that Bob has allowed us boxing fans the Chavez Martinez fight. Sometime late next year or early 2014 Bob will let Pac finally fight Floyd too. Maybe you won't be so angry but would remember that Wess called that ****...

You're welcome little chief.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Don't be mad a little chief.... However thank you for validating my point. Your type will be the first to jump on what ever BS Bob feeds the media after Pac has been milked dry and Floyd retires him soundly.

But calm yourself little chief and just be thankful that Bob has allowed us boxing fans the Chavez Martinez fight. Sometime late next year or early 2014 Bob will let Pac finally fight Floyd too. Maybe you won't be so angry but would remember that Wess called that ****...

You're welcome little chief.
      I'm just reminding you that Floyd is in danger of becoming the biggest duck of this century if he never fight Pacquiao. You don't have to take my word for it. You just have to go out there and see for yourself. Even his friend 50c will see him as a duck if he retires without having Pac in his resume. What kind of a fan are you letting these things happen? Foreman, Holmes, Hagler, Holyfield, Lewis, Corley, RJJ, etc. How are you going to convince these guys that Floyd wasn't the one holding up the fight?

Comment

I'm just reminding you that Floyd is in danger of becoming the biggest duck of this century if he never fight Pacquiao. You don't have to take my word for it. You just have to go out there and see for yourself. Even his friend 50c will see him as a duck if he retires without having Pac in his resume. What kind of a fan are you letting these things happen? Foreman, Holmes, Hagler, Holyfield, Lewis, Corley, RJJ, etc. How are you going to convince these guys that Floyd wasn't the one holding up the fight?

It's actually true, over 90% of casual boxing fans still believe it's ONLY Floyd that's ducking, when they have both been blatantly ducking each other.

Make a topic about Floyd - Manny on any sports forum, and 90% of the people (casual fans) say that Mayweather is a ducking coward chicken.

So if he does indeed retire without fighting Pac, his legacy is not looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          the third marquez fight was not terrific.

pacquiao's the guy who made the first two fights exciting. against other fighters, marquez has a great style. he can stand his ground and take advantage of the opportunities they give to throw combinations and do damage.

against pacquiao he looks for one or two counterpunches. that's all he does. opening up gets him dropped. pacquiao's also got such a good chin that he hardly puts a dent in him at these higher weights. counterpunch. win the rounds on an unbiased scorecard. the first two fights were close and you have to respect the decision of the judges, the third was all but a blowout for marquez.
          i consistently get 9-3 and 8-4. i've probably seen the fight at least five times now. it's a boring fight. even if you give every close round to pacquiao it's still only a draw.

it's because pacquiao is fading that the third fight was not as good. he's got to be the one pushing a hard pace and landing shots as the aggressor for the fight to be exciting. marquez wants it dull as possible. it's the only way he can win, and in the end, counterpunching is what he does best.
          it's alway been that way. since '04. can marquez keep away from the left hand, and can he land his right.

it's hard to believe that their first fight was eight more than eight years ago.
          PAC vs tim is better (more exciting) than PAC vs Marquez. Also take into consideration that age is really catching up on juan. His best chance at an upset against manny was last nov. He lost legitamitley and if they fight again jmm will prolly suffer a horrendous beatdown. Let that one go, 3 times is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by PacmanP4PLegend View Post
            PAC vs tim is better (more exciting) than PAC vs Marquez. Also take into consideration that age is really catching up on juan. His best chance at an upset against manny was last nov. He lost legitamitley and if they fight again jmm will prolly suffer a horrendous beatdown. Let that one go, 3 times is enough.
            No he didn't.

No he won't, they said that for the 3rd fight.

Comment

I won't have to convince anyone little chief. Bob has already made his agenda quit clear and by the time its all said and done there wont be any questions about it.

However you can personally have an opinion on the matter even if it's different than what Bob has said or what the entire boxing community thinks.

Comment

LOL....Just like the old days. Hey, Robinson and Lamotta had a six fight rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  I won't have to convince anyone little chief. Bob has already made his agenda quit clear and by the time its all said and done there wont be any questions about it.

However you can personally have an opinion on the matter even if it's different than what Bob has said or what the entire boxing community thinks.
                  all of them are at fault

Comment

Originally posted by Band-Aid View Post
                    It's actually true, over 90% of casual boxing fans still believe it's ONLY Floyd that's ducking, when they have both been blatantly ducking each other.

Make a topic about Floyd - Manny on any sports forum, and 90% of the people (casual fans) say that Mayweather is a ducking coward chicken.

So if he does indeed retire without fighting Pac, his legacy is not looking good.
                    I like your made up statistics. lol At one point you might have had a case. The truth is, nobody is even talking about Pac anymore. Nobody even thinks he beats Floyd anymore. Most everyone thinks a 39 year old LW in JMM beat Pac at WW just like they think Bradley lost to Pac.

At the end of the day Bob has admitted to ducking fights. He did so when Floyd wanted Margarito, Hatton, Cotto and Hoya (when Floyd was under TR). Bob didn't want to pay Floyd the cash money or make those fights.

Bob didn't even want to make Hoya vs Tito II let alone Martinez vs Chavez up until now. Like I have said for years when Bob wants to make a fight, he makes it. Just like he's been doing for decades.

Floyd doesn't need Pac anymore as the media doesn't believe Pac is as good as he was made out to be. However Bob will make the fight and people will bash it because Pac will look worse than he ever has. Kind of like his fight vs a 39 year old LW at WW... only this time Pac will retire and people will forget that the fight ever happened and call it and over rated cherry pick by Floyd. Just like the Hoya Mayweather fight.

People will then say Floyd is ducking Martinez while Bob will claim that Floyd cries in fear of Bradley and that he has ducked him since Floyd was introduced to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
                      all of them are at fault
                      Bob doesn't agree as he has made it perfectly clear that if he doesn't want to make fights, he doesn't make them.

Some people are giving Floyd too much credit. Bob has been making fights for decades and not even little old Floyd could stop him from doing what he does best.

Sometimes you have to know when to play your cards and sometimes you need to know when to fold them. At the end of the day, Bob makes the call not Pac and certainly not Floyd. When Bob's ready, he will make it. Just like he's finally giving the fans what they want in a Chavez vs Martinez fight.

He will let Pac fight Floyd and he will be open after the fact as to why he didn't allow the fight to happen for so many years. The result of the fight will be clear as to why he protected Pac all these years. The media is no longer fooled by him though so it doesn't really matter at this point.

But sure, you can say it's everyone's fault.
                      Last edited by WESS; 08-07-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X