Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may be in the minority, but I think Tszyu vs Judah was an EARLY STOPPAGE.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    If the guy gets up and falls back down you have to stop it, that's the rule in most american boxing commissions. Had the fight happened in germany, he probably would have been allowed to continue like Cunningham in this fight :

Tyson-Berbick

Comment

Originally posted by Always View Post
      So youre saying, that with a minute to rest, there is no way Judah could have continued?

I even said in my first post, that Judah would have probably been KO'd in the 3rd, but the fact that it was a HUGE fight at the time, and it was a CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT, with the round already being over, Judah should have been allowed to go back to his corner and come back in the 3rd.
      Judah was still out of it when the fight was over. Any fighter MIGHT recover if they have that minute, but the ref should not give them that minute just because they will have it. If a fighter is out of it, he is out of it, and that's all the ref should be paying attention to. I don't think Judah's reaction after the fight showed he should have gotten that minute anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
        im almost positive if a fighter gets up and falls back down tht u have to waive it off

\
        Agreed!!!!

Contrary to warped opinions ..... that is the rule of boxing. Therefore, it was a by the book stoppage. Fighter's are trained not to jump up immediately after a knock down, because if you lose you balance and fall again, the fight will be stopped.

Judah violated that rule and paid the price .... common and very basic boxing rules.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Judah was still out of it when the fight was over. Any fighter MIGHT recover if they have that minute, but the ref should not give them that minute just because they will have it. If a fighter is out of it, he is out of it, and that's all the ref should be paying attention to. I don't think Judah's reaction after the fight showed he should have gotten that minute anyway.
          No offense, but this is a garbage outlook. I remember Judah got this same type of stoppage win when Ortega stopped Judah Millet.

Judah got up before 8, stop exaggerating and watch a real ref under pressure. Peep Mills Lane in his fight with Tyson versus Berbick.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            Agreed!!!!

Contrary to warped opinions ..... that is the rule of boxing. Therefore, it was a by the book stoppage. Fighter's are trained not to jump up immediately after a knock down, because if you lose you balance and fall again, the fight will be stopped.

Judah violated that rule and paid the price .... common and very basic boxing rules.
            And usually when a fighter does jump up quickly, it's because they got hit by something that messed them up and they do not have enough awareness to take their time. As was the case with Judah in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
              Agreed!!!!

Was this rule created after Tyson Berbick, lmmfao...!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                No offense, but this is a garbage outlook. I remember Judah got this same type of stoppage win when Ortega stopped Judah Millet.

Judah got up before 8, stop exaggerating and watch a real ref under pressure. Peep Mills Lane in his fight with Tyson versus Berbick.
                It's the truth. A fighter unable to continue is a fighter unable to continue, regardless of whether the round is over or not.

Judah was flopping around the ring and had no control of himself. The ref should have just let him continue just because he MIGHT have recovered with that minute? No way.

Comment

This was the fight where Judah was pretty much speaking nonsense afterwards wasn't it? Yeah...not a bad stoppage.

Comment

There is a rule if you fall more than once for a knockdown it is over.

I thought that the stoppage in the Mike Tyson vs Trevor Berbeck fight was premature. Zab was hurt bad and would have got hurt in the next round.

Comment

Why are people bringing up the Tyson\Berbick fight, when its the same situation. The only difference is that Mills Lane couldn't stop the fight while Berbick was floundering around the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X