Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may be in the minority, but I think Tszyu vs Judah was an EARLY STOPPAGE.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the ref should have let it go on. I hate how so many fights are stopped early now. Judah probably would have been stopped eventually but I feel he should have at least been given a chance to continue. Especially in a fight of this magnitude.

Comment

Just keep it real. Stop saying Judah would've been damaged, he could've died, or he would've been permanently hurt, lmao.

Kostya beat Sharmba Mitchell up much worse.

Hell, Vince Phillips had Kostya slumped in the corner with a look of death, and you guys are exaggerating the results of one shot. Judah made the mistake of getting up while badly dazed.

Comment

its judahs fault for getting up too early.. but it was the biggest fight of his career at that point, so of course hewas anxious. It was a learning experience. But i agree, Judah was not THAT badly hurt, but Nady had no choice because of the way judah reacted to the KD.

Comment

geez us christ already, Nady stopped the fight because he felt Judah couldn't safely continue. I totally agree as should anyone who cares about this sport!

Comment

Why does Nady get some props from fans when many fighters who were asked to comment on the fight ridiculed him after this stoppage?

Like parents, fans just don't understand!

Comment

I just love the argument.. "He wasnt hurt he just fell again". :|.... what?
              When it's a flash knockdown they get up perfectly fine. Judah landed flat on his back, head hit the floor...got up acting weird as hell, and fell bad.. And to those saying "I mean Kostya woulda stopped him next round but still".. That's EXACTLY what the ref is trying to avoid. Zab was hurt.

Good point on the Kahn thing..cuz he recovered in that minute and didnt get the hell beaten out if him for his troubles. :P
              Last edited by NearHypnos; 08-06-2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

If you get up and fall down again, the fight is over.

Comment

Good stoppage can't work out what is more funny the people who thought the fight should go on or the people who actually think Zab would have come back into the fight.

If your reaction to getting knocked down is jumping right back up shouting nonsense to the ref then falling back down that's kind of an obvious indication you are out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                    If you get up and fall down again, the fight is over.
                    Not true, someone put the rule up. straight from the rule book, and that is just a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Always View Post
                      I am not saying that Judah was not hurt, and I am not saying that he would have beaten Tszyu. Actually, more than likely, Judah would have been out of there in the 3rd round.

But there are a couple of things that bother me with the stoppage.

1st - It was the very end of the round, and Judah would have had a minute to recover.

2nd - Although Judah fell, and was wobbly, he clearly had his wits, and knew what was going on. His body didnt immediately respond to what his head was thinking, but I think he was NEARLY clear headed.

3rd - Once Nady saw Judah fall, he immediately waved the fight off, instead of giving Judah the benefit of the doubt IN A CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT. Judah jumped right back up after he fell back down, and was clear headed enough to argue his point that the fight shouldnt have been stopped.

I just wish we could have seen more of that fight, and what would have happened with Judah getting the 1 minute of recovery time.

Judah CLEARLY dominated the 1st round, and Tszyu clearly dominated the 2nd round. I would have liked to see the fight go on just a little bit more.

I agree. Zab was hurt no doubt, but I think if he had stayed down or taken a knee before jumping straight back up he might have been able to get his legs back together. Might is the key word.

Comment

Working...
                      X