Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may be in the minority, but I think Tszyu vs Judah was an EARLY STOPPAGE.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im a big hatton fan so i may be the minority but i think this was an early stoppage by bayless

Comment

Originally posted by Always View Post
      I am not saying that Judah was not hurt, and I am not saying that he would have beaten Tszyu. Actually, more than likely, Judah would have been out of there in the 3rd round.

But there are a couple of things that bother me with the stoppage.

1st - It was the very end of the round, and Judah would have had a minute to recover.

2nd - Although Judah fell, and was wobbly, he clearly had his wits, and knew what was going on. His body didnt immediately respond to what his head was thinking, but I think he was NEARLY clear headed.

3rd - Once Nady saw Judah fall, he immediately waved the fight off, instead of giving Judah the benefit of the doubt IN A CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT. Judah jumped right back up after he fell back down, and was clear headed enough to argue his point that the fight shouldnt have been stopped.

I just wish we could have seen more of that fight, and what would have happened with Judah getting the 1 minute of recovery time.

Judah CLEARLY dominated the 1st round, and Tszyu clearly dominated the 2nd round. I would have liked to see the fight go on just a little bit more.

You're not in the minority, you're completely wrong. He got blasted. Hard. Tried to get up on spaghetti legs and didnt know who to blame, the ref or tszyu...and fell back down again...all on his own. He was done and for his own safety, the fight was waved off. Don't try to rewrite history. Next you're gonna say that shot in the Amir khan fight was on the cup

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        You're not in the minority, you're completely wrong. He got blasted. Hard. Tried to get up on spaghetti legs and didnt know who to blame, the ref or tszyu...and fell back down again...all on his own. He was done and for his own safety, the fight was waved off. Don't try to rewrite history. Next you're gonna say that shot in the Amir khan fight was on the cup
        So with the round being over, Jay Nady only counting to 4, and Judah having a minute to recover means nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          What was said at 22.22? ''If you get up and fall back down its an automatic stoppage''?
          Never bothered to listen to that.... damn. I think it should be at the refs discretion, not an automatic stoppage.

Comment

So with the round being over, Jay Nady only counting to 4, and Judah having a minute to recover means nothing?
            Not really. Judah was in no shape to continue. Again, his reaction after the fight pretty much showed his brains were scrambled.

Comment

It was stopped prematurely because Nady stopped his count. All he had to do was count to 8.

Against Tyson, Mills Lane counted Berbick out and look how many times he rolled around the ring.

But Judahs big mouth at the time had cost him. Funny thing is, is that people think that Judah would've come back. I rooted for Judah, but I didn't think he would avoid kostyas right for the rest of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                im a big hatton fan so i may be the minority but i think this was an early stoppage by bayless
                If you think that's bad, peep Pacquiao versus Torrecampo!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Not really. Judah was in no shape to continue. Again, his reaction after the fight pretty much showed his brains were scrambled.
                  So youre saying, that with a minute to rest, there is no way Judah could have continued?

I even said in my first post, that Judah would have probably been KO'd in the 3rd, but the fact that it was a HUGE fight at the time, and it was a CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT, with the round already being over, Judah should have been allowed to go back to his corner and come back in the 3rd.

Comment

A great ref becomes great by following the rules, using his discretion wisely, and giving fighters who train hard every chance to win......all the while protecting the fighter. Lane and Mercante were the best 99.9% of the time. Tony Weeks is a very good ref. Nady and Steele were on their way until they decided to inject themselves into fights.

Comment

So Nady shouldnt have just counted to 8, and then waive it off it he didnt feel Zab could continue?
                      If the guy gets up and falls back down you have to stop it, that's the rule in most american boxing commissions. Had the fight happened in germany, he probably would have been allowed to continue like Cunningham in this fight :

Comment

Working...
                      X