No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard : I coulda beat Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
    Interim champ of what???he held no title at 154 EVER and was not even ranked there,he was given some bogus ass fringe title for his win against a unknown guy in Mexico and some how magically got ranked #1 by the WBC
    Yes, and for some reason when they negotiated for the fight at 151, I thought that Margarito was the champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Yes, and for some reason when they negotiated for the fight at 151, I thought that Margarito was the champ.
      Thought it was 150?

Comment

I don't see him stopping Floyd,but I do see him making Floyd stay in that shell and not being able to get off.
        Floyd wouldn't just stay in the shell. I think he gets caught with a big shot like Roy Jones did. Either that or hurt badly and then possibly finished on his feet.

It's possible that Floyd could last 12, but prime Sugar was 5'10, fast and powerful. Sugar jabbed well, fought on the inside well, and could end the fight at anytime.
        Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 08-05-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Thought it was 150?
          Either way, I just found it comical at the time that they fought at 150 or 151 for a 154lb title.

Comment

• No ****.

Tell us something we don't know.

Comment

I don't see him stopping Floyd,but I do see him making Floyd stay in that shell and not being able to get off.
              I agree.

I find it hard to see Mayweather getting stopped. His combination of defense and chin, It's hard to see him getting stopped.

But I definitely think Leonard beats him.

Don't forget he's a natural, big strong WW and Mayweather is in his 4th weight class.

Comment

Floyd wouldn't just stay in the shell. I think he gets caught with a big shot like Roy Jones did. Either that or hurt badly and.finished on his feet.

It's possible that Floyd could last 12, but prime Sugar was 5'10, fast and powerful. Sugar jabbed well, fought on the inside well, and could end the fight at anytime.
                You could be right,but i think Floyd's defense would save him

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post
                  Great big man beats a great smaller man
                  Duran dispelled of that myth for one night lol...
                  Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 08-05-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

You could be right,but i think Floyd's defense would save him
                    I love(d) both fighters to death. I'd ride with Floyd because he would've been the smaller guy, but I'd be scared to death the whole fight lol. The difference is their power. Big advantage for Sugar.

Comment

Duran dispelled that myth for one night lol...
                      Duran was a compact guy ,strong and durable lets not forget he went up to 168 aswell

Comment

Working...
                      X