No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard : I coulda beat Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    If memory serves, you brought up Floyds name in OUR conversation, and I wasn't even talking about Floyd. Hell, I never even got the Leonard in his prime who did he fight at a catchweight answer, lmao.
    Yup, just to remind you that I was trying to tell you that many have asked for CW including SRL and even your hero Floyd. Those are examples and should have hit home since you made it sound like SRL would sh$t on the idea of CWs.

Examples: After SRL fought Hagler, he asked Lalonde to come down a division. Floyd had a CW with Marquez, Ward has asked his opponent to come down a division in his upcoming fight ......

but if your memory is still shaky, you tried to say that Manny wouldn't fight SRL at WW limit, for some reason ..... which is BS because Manny only did it when he moved up several divisions to try out WW ..... after beating Oscar and Cotto, Manny's team was convinced and has not done that again even though he is a small WW ........

Comment

• Boy are people precious! Because it's very likely that what Leonard claims is true, that he could beat Pacquiao, prime for prime, some can only stomach saying it if they add, "and he would've beat Mayweather too!" LOL. Is staying on topic that painful?

Comment

• We already know that, say something new ray.

Comment

I love(d) both fighters to death. I'd ride with Floyd because he would've been the smaller guy, but I'd be scared to death the whole fight lol. The difference is their power. Big advantage for Sugar.
          Yea Floyd won't be able to hurt Ray and Ray would be able to hurt Floyd,but Floyd is tough and crafty

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
            Duran was a compact guy ,strong and durable lets not forget he went up to 168 aswell
            Duran beating Leonard at 147 was a huge, HUGE upset at the time that it happened. Huge because of the way he fought Sugar. Duran fought Sugar like he fought everyone, and didn't change his game. Every skill that Duran had ever learned came out in that fight. Phenomenal to see at the time.

What Duran did in his career after losing to Leonard was icing on the cake. People like to say Duran is overrated. Ask Sugar if he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Yup, just to remind you that I was trying to tell you that many have asked for CW including SRL and even your hero Floyd. Those are examples and should have hit home since you made it sound like SRL would sh$t on the idea of CWs.

Examples: After SRL fought Hagler, he asked Lalonde to come down a division. Floyd had a CW with Marquez, Ward has asked his opponent to come down a division in his upcoming fight ......

but if your memory is still shaky, you tried to say that Manny wouldn't fight SRL at WW limit, for some reason ..... which is BS because Manny only did it when he moved up several divisions to try out WW ..... after beating Oscar and Cotto, Manny's team was convinced and has not done that again even though he is a small WW ........
              You had your chance yesterday to answer the catchweight questions, lmao.
              Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 08-05-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                Boy are people precious! Because it's very likely that what Leonard claims is true, that he could beat Pacquiao, prime for prime, some can only stomach saying it if they add, "and he would've beat Mayweather too!" LOL. Is staying on topic that painful?
                I know, lmao. Yesterdays discussion was funny. Floyds name was constantly injected into this thread.

Floyds fans are guilty of it too. I love the passion of talking boxing from everyone though.

Comment

You had your chance yesterday to answer the catchweight questions, lmao.
                  No problem, you failed yesterday .... today is a new day ..... wish you luck! lol!

Comment

• Peep this.

Say Sugar and Floyd were in their prime and fought at 147 today...I'd be totally scared to death for Floyd.

But

Back when Sugar and Duran were going to fight, I was truly scared for Leonard......the bigger man, lmao.
                    My worst nightmare happened too, Leonard lost. I was crushed!

Comment

Pac would've asked for a catchweight, and Sugar would've said, "Eat a dick! Fight me at 147", and the fight would've never happened.
                      Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                      Boy are people precious! Because it's very likely that what Leonard claims is true, that he could beat Pacquiao, prime for prime, some can only stomach saying it if they add, "and he would've beat Mayweather too!" LOL. Is staying on topic that painful?

Comment

Working...
                      X