Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    Every time I think I step into an objective thread, the thread starters hidden unravels, and the true "them" comes out, lmao!
    Im not being biased, "pacquiao your next!". Dont act like im a Pacquiao tard, I'm using that example, becasue lets say people were saying x fighter could beat Ali, would Ali not call them out, every time he was on tv??

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
      Of course fighters have gotten rocked, but the ATG's survive shots from other ATG's, Floyd gets rocked anytime someone lays hands on his chin. Thats not a great chin. I know enough about boxing to start a thread on a boxing forum, that 99.9% of casual fans would have no idea about.
      Floyd has 43 wins....and out of 43 wins he has been rocked what 3-4 times max.

Corley,Judah, Mosley rocked him twice.
      He never was on the verge of getting knocked out.

As a matter of fact.....he came back and ended those rounds coming forward.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
        How many of the people who say Ray Robinson is the best actually saw his fights?

Not much film on the guy.

Ray Robinson is considered the best because of how many fights he won.
        That doesn't mean that Robinson would have beat a Floyd Mayweather.

How many fighters on Ray Robinson resume had floyd Mayweather talent?

And the same for Floyd......Who has Floyd ever fought with the talent of a Ray Robinson?

My point is.....how would we ever know who would have won a fight between them without them fighting?

So many great fighters from different eras.
        How do people know that I couldn't beat Floyd we have never fought.

Point being people who know and understand the sport of boxing can make educated guesses as to who would have won fantasy fights in this case it's not hard to to guess who would have won. Go around asking trainers historians expert's etc who would have won that match up I would be surprised if anybody who's second name isn't Mayweather would pick Floyd.

Comment

Name one fighter in the history of the sport who hasn't been rocked?
          Also name these so called elite fighters that Floyd hasn't fought.
          The stats are real my friend not HBo made up.

You should do your homework before talking out. It makes you look like you know nothing about the sport.
          Yeah, thats why in the Mayweather vs Cotto fight, Cotto clearly lands more than 3 fuggin punches and the punch stats say 17 to 3 in Floyd's favor or something ridiculous like that. HBO punch stats equal a joke.

Comment

Why because you said so.....
            You have your opinion and I have mine.

Thats why is fun to debate.
            But we will never know for sure because they couldn't fight eachother
            It's funny how someone bases how the ATGs beat Floyd, but none ever just "Outboxes" him...
            How can you not be the "Greatest Boxer" if nobody ever just "Out boxes" you? They always go to KO or being tough, how about out boxing the an (Who does that on the list of ATGs?)

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
              It's funny watching you get more and more irritated with Gambler, as he puts it to you.

He shoves a good, solid argument down your throat, and you respond with "your god", and "Floyd's scared".

.....child, please.
              Floyd nut hugger alert, I knew bringing up Pacquiao would bring out the nut huggers. I knew it.

Comment

Im not being biased, "pacquiao your next!". Dont act like im a Pacquiao tard, I'm using that example, becasue lets say people were saying x fighter could beat Ali, would Ali not call them out, every time he was on tv??
                This is 2012.
                Floyd makes 40 million a fight.

Sponsors, promoters, networks, fans,MGm Grand or other sites don't want floyd fighting anybody but big names with big fan bases.

Canelo, Pacquiao, Cotto, Marquez, Chavez Jr etc......you sound ******

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                  And I agree, but explain how Larry Bird was great/elite. how was a man that was so slow, had no leaping ability was not the strongest be so effective in a sport where "athleticism/physical intangibles is what separates the elite from the good."??
                  It's cuz even tho those thing are huge, they have very little to do with "Basketball"..
                  There are always exceptions to the rule. On a general basis, elite athleticism equals elite production on the field/boxing ring/basketball court/MMA etc.

Comment

Floyd nut hugger alert, I knew bringing up Pacquiao would bring out the nut huggers. I knew it.
                    Who brought up Manny?

Comment

You call us Floyd nut huggers.....and we call you a Floyd hater.
                      Nobody is taking you seriously.

Just having some fun thats all.

Comment

Working...
                      X