Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    I do care a bit about history but mainly because "those that do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it".

You are right though my main focus is on the here and now and the future. The past is interesting and rich in boxing but I find it much more interesting to try and figure out what will happen, than talk about what has happened that has been discussed many times before.
    Yah. We have clashing perspectives on boxing. I approach boxing from a much more academic perspective where boxing is taken as a whole from it's beginnings to the present day where the object is to get it right with as much empiricism as possible.

It's just two diametrically opposite perspectives. It is what it is :dunno9:

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
      Not slow...just thought your list was garbage.

I was tyring to give you a chance to state facts and show me the list of fighters that Floyd really ducked or should have fought.

It takes two to tango so you must ask yourself this.....Why didn't those guys fight Floyd?

Are their legacy secure without Floyd on their resume?

It seems to me that you are blaming floyd for the fights not happening.
      Stop with the BS.

You are a hater...

Every fighter in the history of the sport has a few guys that they should have fought but never did.

Why hold Floyd to that standard but not other fighters?
      Hater like I said.
      I have not said in any of my posts in this thread that Floyd ducked this guy or that guy not once but for whatever reason the fights never happened so that will count against him in terms of his greatness sure every fighter has holes in there resume but Floyd's is most definitely nothing special.

Comment

• Floyd make dudes act like H0es.

You act like your opinion hold more weigh then anybody else.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
          See your wrong.....Ask any fighter past, present, and future
          Ask any manager past ,present and future
          Ask any promoter, sponsors, networks, etc past, present, and future and you will hear the same thing.

Money is the main reason these guys do it.
          You sound crazy with all that greatness crap.

You think an old, slow, way past his prime Ali fought Holmes because he wanted to prove he was still the greatest?

No....it was the 8million don king put in Ali bank that made that fight.

Why does every fighter out there want to fight Mayweather or Pacquiao?
          $$$$$$$$$$$$...thats your answer.
          This thread is not about money it's about how great a particular fighter is wealth is in no way shape or form synonymous with a fighters greatness by that kind of ******ed logic David haye is greater than holyfield and Oscar is greater than Duran.

Of course fighters fight for money I'm not saying otherwise but that is completely irrelevant to this debate damn you are dense.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
            I have not said in any of my posts in this thread that Floyd ducked this guy or that guy not once but for whatever reason the fights never happened so that will count against him in terms of his greatness sure every fighter has holes in there resume but Floyd's is most definitely nothing special.
            whos resume is special?everybody resume is pretty much overrated but floyd just happends to fight in the era of hate so people pick at his resume more than any other past fighter .look at all the lebron hate that was going on everybody picking at his career yet at the same time he was considered the best player in the game

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              Yah. We have clashing perspectives on boxing. I approach boxing from a much more academic perspective where boxing is taken as a whole from it's beginnings to the present day where the object is to get it right with as much empiricism as possible.

It's just two diametrically opposite perspectives. It is what it is :dunno9:

Poet
              Exactly but that is part of the fun of boxing, there are many ways to look at it many of which end up at odds but that does lead to some interesting discussion.

Comment

• This ****ing guy said Kermit Cintron lmaooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

• Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                  This ****ing guy said Kermit Cintron lmaooooooooooooooooooo
                  lol yeah Cintron ahahahha

Comment

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
                    Yes, their both slick fighters, but that's where the comparison ends. Ray Robinson was an ultra aggresive slick boxer/puncher. He threw insane combinations to the head and body, had one punch KO power, and had the speed to go along with it.

Edit: also one of the toughest fighters of all time. The dude was insanely durable.
                    floyd has a style that no one has been able to conquer, he knocked out the agressive fighter and outboxed the boxers and made some of them look like amateurs so i think floyd is still the one to beat
                    deal with it at 130-147-154 whatever class u wanna rank him on he sill beating up people

Comment

• floyds best win is diego corrales. somebody who might not even make it in the hall of fame.

floyd's 2nd best win? castillo. somebody who is definitely not going to make it in the HOF.

floyd's 3d best win? shane mosley? admitted cheater shane mosley who shouldnt be in the hall of fame or pac's left overs miguel cotto.

How much is that greatness really worth in comparison to other ATG fighters?

Comment

Working...
                      X