Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Aight I'll bite.

1. How would they do against Hopkins?

2. Who did they beat that was nearly as good as Hopkins?
    You can't look at one opponent (who personally, I didn't think he beat) and use that as basis. Or else Ricardo Mayorga and a slew of other one hit wonders would be ranked higher. It's the body of work. Castillo and Corrales will likely end up in Canastota. Taylor likely won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      You did not answer any of my questions.
      1. Both would be dominated by Hopkins.

Not sure what this has to do with anything

2. I'd argue a prime Stevie Johnston is not much behind a passed prime Hopkins. But still, the answer is; "No one"

Does this make Taylor better than Castillo? I'm confused.

Ruben Carter's win over Emile Griffith is better than Taylor's win over Hopkins and any win Castillo or Corrales has put together.

Does this make him better than all 3 of those?

Infact, I'll go one further.

Carter's win over Griffith is better than anything Mayweather has done by a wide margin.

Is he better than Mayweather?

It's really poor logic you are using to define who's better than who.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        You can't look at one opponent (who personally, I didn't think he beat) and use that as basis. Or else Ricardo Mayorga and a slew of other one hit wonders would be ranked higher. It's the body of work. Castillo and Corrales will likely end up in Canastota. Taylor likely won't.
        Exactly.

But that logic (Those 2 questions) Mayorga is better than both of them.

Hell, Tiger Jones is better than any fighter of the last 25 years while we're at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Exactly.

But that logic (Those 2 questions) Mayorga is better than both of them.

Hell, Tiger Jones is better than any fighter of the last 25 years while we're at it.
          Buster Douglas = God

Comment

Do you think Pavlik is the same fighter above 160? I didn't think so.
            yeah I think pavlik is the exact same fighter at 160 or 168 or a catchweight of 170. He'll beat a guy that comes forward or has a breakable chin, but a boxer will out-box him. Weight isn't the problem it's about styles. You think it would matter if he fought Edison Miranda at 160 or 170? Of course not, same result every time. People put too much stock into weight these days. If two guys are naturally the same size it matters little to none. Look at JMM vs Pac (naturally the same size yet pac was a couple weight classes above him and it didn't matter one bit).
            Last edited by ИATAS; 08-04-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              yeah I think pavlik is the exact same fighter at 160 or 168 or a catchweight of 170. He'll beat a guy that comes forward or has a breakable chin, but a boxer will out-box him. Weight isn't the problem it's about styles. You think it would matter if he fought Edison Miranda at 160 or 170? Of course not, same result every time. People put too much stock into weight these days. If two guys are naturally the same size it matters little to none.
              What has done to show you that?

Comment

yeah I think pavlik is the exact same fighter at 160 or 168 or a catchweight of 170. He'll beat a guy that comes forward or has a breakable chin, but a boxer will out-box him. Weight isn't the problem it's about styles. You think it would matter if he fought Edison Miranda at 160 or 170? Of course not, same result every time. People put too much stock into weight these days. If two guys are naturally the same size it matters little to none.
                That's fair enough but that' simply will never be proved.

I don't think Pavlik is useless at 170 but I certainly wouldn't say he's the same fighter at 160.

Comment

• castillo and corrales are better than taylor and i hate floyd. Corrales and castillo were the margarito and cotto's of 135. They fought all the tough guys in the division while floyd was off fighting phillip ndou and company.

Comment

What has done to show you that?
                    Nothing. His career was destroyed once he hit the bottle. You asked me if I thought he was the same fighter and I think he is (or would have been). Like I said it's more about styles & skills than it is about weight (it's the same reason JMM didn't get KO'd like some fools predicted against Pacquaio). Weight isn't that big of a deal when you're talking about two guys who are naturally the same size (pavlik & hopkins, JMM & Pac, etc.).

Comment

Nothing. His career was destroyed once he hit the bottle. You asked me if I thought he was the same fighter and I think he is (or would have been). Like I said it's more about styles & skills than it is about weight (it's the same reason JMM didn't get KO'd like some fools predicted against Pacquaio). Weight isn't that big of a deal when you're talking about two guys who are naturally the same size (pavlik & hopkins, JMM & Pac, etc.).
                      Once he hit the bottle? So now you know when he began drinking? Stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X