Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward v Dawson RBR/Pre/Post fight discussion master thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know what...f andre son of bernard ward, with his dirty tactics, and hometown refs...i'm running with bad chad dawson, to score the upset...strictly on the strength that, bad chad dawson, in beating bernard hopkins, proved he can handle the style of boxer andre ward is, better than any of the nsb "experts" thought he would...

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      how am i both making it up and being fooled at the same time? which one is it? if im buying it hook line and sinker im not making it up.

I KNOW HOW ****ING HEAVY DAWSON HAS BEEN! how many times do i have to tell you that his weight VARIES! give me a number so i can copy and paste it until you understand.

i know MY bodytype and dawsons is similar, STOP twisting my words. ive fought at 141, moved up to 165 (ripped to the bone, no excess fat) and then dropped back down to 141 with no troubles making weight. im 6'4.

look at hearns, he won a title at 175 looking like it was the only weight he ever boxed at, then dropped back down to 160 and won another title. how? hes got the same bodytype. look at paul williams stating for his entire time at MW that he could drop back down to 147 for the right fight, same bodytype.

ppl like us can put on 20 lbs of muscle, fight effectively and then take it right off with ease. dawson has that body, when he wants to be strong he puts on muscle bcuz he has the frame to carry it but he doesnt need to carry that much weight. STOP TELLING ME HOW HEAVY HES BEEN. it isnt his natural weight but bcuz of his combination of a huge frame and high methabolism he can put on or lose big amounts of weight and still compete effectively.

thats what ive been saying from day one. he can be slim for one fight and heavy for the next. STOP telling me how heavy he has been, i know he can carry that weight, im telling you he can take it off too.

but fck it, your trolling. making me say the same thing over and over, well played you had me going. im done though. chad will back up my words on fight night, im not saying he will win but he will give ward the toughest fight of his life and prove he can fight at 168.

if im wrong you can tell me after the fact, i know thats what you are setting up for. taking credit away from ward. well now you can do that and gloat in the process, i dont want to hear it until AFTER the fight though. until then agree to disagree.

IM DONE.
      Hearns went up to 175 to get the title. Then he went back down. Big difference.

And at you saying that people like you Can put on 20 lbs of muscle and then take it off with ease. Good for you that you are done.

Comment

• No love for Dawson??

Dude has the size, reach, and speed advantages, knows how to box and use his reach, can be taken off his game plan and do things he shouldn't though.

Close fight, Ward's ring IQ and skill can win it for him, I got Dawson by UD here.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Hearns went up to 175 to get the title. Then he went back down. Big difference.

And at you saying that people like you Can put on 20 lbs of muscle and then take it off with ease. Good for you that you are done.
          so did dawson. he started at 160, went to 175 to get the title now hes going back down. ofcourse hearns was smaller but that strenghtens my point.

i wasnt talking about hearns' ability to come down as much as his ability to move up. you keep talking about how chad has been weighing so much and i keep telling you its by choice. like hearns who started at 147 and wasnt a natural 175lber but still chose to put on all that weight and managed to beat the best LtHW in the world carrying it (hill not andries).

hearns kept moving up and down between the weightclasses, he had the methabolism to cut down to 160 even late in his career yet the frame to carry 175.

im talking about putting on 20lbs of muscler AND FIGHTING EFFECTIVELY, THEN TAKE IT OFF AND STILL FIGHT EFFECTIVELY! (the very thing you spent 15 pages saying dawson cant do) jesus christ do i have to spell everything out for you?

im not just putting on weight and walking around on the beach

Comment

• I can't pick against Andre Ward for the forseeable future.

Comment

• Ward y 116-112 UD. This is his big signature fight and it takes place at his weight class.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                so did dawson. he started at 160, went to 175 to get the title now hes going back down. ofcourse hearns was smaller but that strenghtens my point.

i wasnt talking about hearns' ability to come down as much as his ability to move up. you keep talking about how chad has been weighing so much and i keep telling you its by choice. like hearns who started at 147 and wasnt a natural 175lber but still chose to put on all that weight and managed to beat the best LtHW in the world carrying it (hill not andries).

hearns kept moving up and down between the weightclasses, he had the methabolism to cut down to 160 even late in his career yet the frame to carry 175.

im talking about putting on 20lbs of muscler AND FIGHTING EFFECTIVELY, THEN TAKE IT OFF AND STILL FIGHT EFFECTIVELY! (the very thing you spent 15 pages saying dawson cant do) jesus christ do i have to spell everything out for you?

im not just putting on weight and walking around on the beach
                I thought you where done?

What's the difference between Hearns's situation and Dawson's?

I'll tell you. Hearns was fighting at MW and went for a shot at Andries. After that he moved back down. That he later went up higher tells you, what you probably know, that you tend to get heavier as the years go by.

Compare that to Dawson. He has spent the past 7years at LHW and now he decides to go DOWN for one fight.

Based on the discussion so far in this thread, I don't expect you to be able to see the difference.

Comment

• Ward by clear UD
                  he isn't afraid to get rough inside, Dawson is
                  Ward doesn't ignore clear punching opportunities, Dawson does
                  Ward is faster and he's tougher than Dawson
                  don't think the weight will affect Dawson
                  Ward is just better than him

Comment

• I think Ward will take this but I hate the way he throws his right hook.

Comment

• Upping this thread...get your votes in.

Comment

Working...
                      X