No announcement yet.

Ward v Dawson RBR/Pre/Post fight discussion master thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Souroush1 View Post
    There is really no one for him to fight at light heavy with a name. Pascal would be about it. Im sure he'd rather get chavez or somehow get martinez. I cant logically think of any other contenders. I would bet that kessler would not fight ward again even on home turf.
    I think Froch and Kessler would both be keen to fight Ward again on home turf but they're realistic enough to know Ward would not travel.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      I think Froch and Kessler would both be keen to fight Ward again on home turf but they're realistic enough to know Ward would not travel.
      Ward did travel. 3000 miles to Atlantic City to fight Froch. That ain't exactly "backyard."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Indeed. Kessler would love to fight Ward again, but never in jOakland. His promotor has also said that Ward would never leave the US.

Comment

• I say for fairness sake, have Ward and Froch rematch on a Chinese aircraft carrier, in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.

Comment

• My thoughts on the fight:

Ward is fast proving himself to be one of the p4p best on the planet. His resume is shaping up nicely. I've never in my life made a p4p listing of fighters over a short period of time, I just think there are too many variables to contend with, each division having varying degrees of competition etc. What I will say is, based on ability alone, if someone was to ask me to tell them who the 5 best fighters on the planet are, I'd include Wards name, even before the Dawson demolition.

On the fight itself, I was a little sceptical, I have never liked the idea of a much bigger fighter coming down to a lower weight division to fight a smaller guy, simply because making weight is difficult at the best of times. For me, the Ward/Dawson fight would have meant a hell of a lot more if it was at the lhw limit of 175.

The manor of the victory though, changes a lot of things. I thought Ward would win in an ugly, grapply sort of fight but this was his best performance to date. To stop a guy who the likes of Adamek and Pascal couldn't keep down is no mean feat.

Comment

Working...
            X