No announcement yet.

Why So Much Hate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manos_de_Piedra View Post
    Khan was outclassing Garcia until he got caught - the guy is young and will bounce back easily.

Khan had almost all the advantages in that fight, but he just got overconfident.

I expect Khan to learn from his mistakes and come back a better fighter

There's no hate for Khan, but he has so much talent that we expect the best from him....that's why he gets a thrashing when he loses...
    Outclassing Garcia?? Are you crazy?? Khan was winning, but Garcia was countering effectively from the 1st round. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Biggest reason: Khan's big mouth and ego. It's nauseating.

Secondary reason: Being trained by Roach and sparring with Pacquiao.
      I have the utmost respect and admiration for anyone who steps in the ring. There are few fighters I genuinely dislike, but Khan and Broner are the exception.
      Khan's mouth and ego is what makes me dislike him, and the same goes for Broner. But the fact Khan trains at the wildcard has nothing to due with my view of Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Manos_de_Piedra View Post
        Khan was outclassing Garcia until he got caught - the guy is young and will bounce back easily.

Khan had almost all the advantages in that fight, but he just got overconfident.

I expect Khan to learn from his mistakes and come back a better fighter

There's no hate for Khan, but he has so much talent that we expect the best from him....that's why he gets a thrashing when he loses...
        No he wasn't... he got countered almost every time he jumped in with a careless flurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          A Cotto fan talking about overhyped and arrogant? Really?
          I can't speak for anyone else but I can't remember Cotto ever behaving like an arrogant peanut, no.

As for being a fan, yeah. In fact I like Cotto for a lot of the reasons I gave for liking Khans fights, despite not having a brittle chin like Khan does. One thing I'll say about Cotto is he has great fundamental boxing skills and he carries himself better than most boxers when being interviewed, I'll say.

Comment

Originally posted by boogybro View Post
            Arrogant.
            Overhyped.
            Lots of gifted wins.
            And also for how the Barrera fight was handled.

Having said that, and admitting to being repulsed by the douchebag, I enjoy watching him fight. He has an air of vulnerability about him. Because if he doesn't finish you early, he tends to fade and the chances of his jaw getting smashed skyrocket.

His last few fights were FOTY candidates for me.
            How was the Barrera fight handled?

As for Khan not being able to be a great, I don't think thats the case yet as he's still got years ahead of him and if he beats everyone, including Mayweather (I doubt he would) who's to say he wouldn't be. Regardless he should finish his career as a top fighter.

Comment

Khan was winning the fight against Garcia and if a rematch was to be made i'd back Khan to win by UD or even TKO

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                Third Reason: His fans.
                Thank you, Reed.

Comment

khan and his fans still deluding themselves with this lucky punch bull. "things happen in boxing" yuuup... especially when your technique is garbage and you have no defense lol. it ain't like they were in the heat of an exchange when he got caught too which is still khan's version of the story to this day. he got timed with one clean counter shot at the start of one of his predictable ass flurries. simple as. i was shaking my head when steward was trying to downplay it during the replay saying he didn't do anything wrong but he was getting caught with the same damn punch every round. obviously was doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post
                    How was the Barrera fight handled?

As for Khan not being able to be a great, I don't think thats the case yet as he's still got years ahead of him and if he beats everyone, including Mayweather (I doubt he would) who's to say he wouldn't be. Regardless he should finish his career as a top fighter.
                    I am very confident that Khan would've gotten his ass handed to him if that Barrera fight continued. And that would've ended the hype a lot earlier...since getting KO'ed in one by some unknown didn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post
                      Khan was winning the fight against Garcia and if a rematch was to be made i'd back Khan to win by UD or even TKO
                      A fast starter winning the first 2 rounds, nothing special about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X