Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why So Much Hate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To answer your question, meh, it's not just Khan. If the likes of Muhammad Ali can get hated on on this forum who the **** is Amir Khan to not get his share of hate? Not by me personally but by these internet losers whose whole life revolves around internet forums. It's just something you have to accept with all internet forums. They're full of a bunch of nobodies(myself included) who are so quick to laugh at these world famous multi millionaires and hate on them as if they are the losers

Even when say Khan gets his ass knocked out he's still making hundreds of thousands of dollars in doing so. What are we making to be able to laugh at them? What have we achieved in Boxing to be able to judge them when they lose?

I find it hilarious personally. Khan, Ortiz, Pacquiao, Floyd, RJJ, whoever the **** it is getting hated on. It's hilarious.

These are people who are more successfull than any of us will ever be, yet some feel they have the right to ridicule them.

To each their own i say.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      To answer your question, meh, it's not just Khan. If the likes of Muhammad Ali can get hated on on this forum who the **** is Amir Khan to not get his share of hate? Not by me personally but by these internet losers whose whole life revolves around internet forums. It's just something you have to accept with all internet forums. They're full of a bunch of nobodies(myself included) who are so quick to laugh at these world famous multi millionaires and hate on them as if they are the losers

Even when say Khan gets his ass knocked out he's still making hundreds of thousands of dollars in doing so. What are we making to be able to laugh at them? What have we achieved in Boxing to be able to judge them when they lose?

I find it hilarious personally. Khan, Ortiz, Pacquiao, Floyd, RJJ, whoever the **** it is getting hated on. It's hilarious.

These are people who are more successfull than any of us will ever be, yet some feel they have the right to ridicule them.

To each their own i say.
      Good post, but people actually hate on Ali on this forum?! LOL

Comment

Arrogant.
        Overhyped.
        Lots of gifted wins.
        And also for how the Barrera fight was handled.

Having said that, and admitting to being repulsed by the douchebag, I enjoy watching him fight. He has an air of vulnerability about him. Because if he doesn't finish you early, he tends to fade and the chances of his jaw getting smashed skyrocket.

His last few fights were FOTY candidates for me.

Comment

i like amir khan and danny garcia a lot more after their fight.

garcia showed skills. he also showed a lot of humility in his interview post fight. it's his father that turned me off. that guy is something else. he can train a fighter, though. garcia is a nice little fighter.

and khan showed stones again. he always shows stones. the kid has balls. no real fan "hates on him" for what he does in the ring.
          it's his mouth that turns people off.

he'll never be a great boxer. he's peaked. he's twice stopped and his losses are piling up.

he goes to war with guys that shouldnt touch a guy who was billed to be a great boxer. his promoters wont push him and reinvest the way they might have when he was stopped by prescott.

he's 25 years old. his speech is sounding a bit off. he's not improving in the least. he's growing out of his division.

what he's got going for him that other young fighters who incur setbacks don't have is the strong european following.

and now he can look for a fight with ricky hatton. that would be huge in the UK. HUGE
          Last edited by New England; 08-01-2012, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Biggest reason: Khan's big mouth and ego. It's nauseating.

Secondary reason: Being trained by Roach and sparring with Pacquiao.
            Third Reason: His fans.

Comment

I have nothing but respect for Khan. It's not his fault he's overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post
                I've been reading this forum for a while now, and there seems to be a genuine dislike for Amir Khan and happiness when he gets knocked out. I know he can be arrogant at times and may look for excuses, but the guy took this defeat and admitted the better man won.

To add to that the guy has a lot more heart than a lot of fighters, look how he constantly tries to get back up and carry on fighting, the kids not a quitter. Thats what everyone loves in a boxer; heart, and he's got plenty of it. And unlike many other fighters he wants to fight everyone at his weight class, the guy ducks nobody. He still wants to come back and clear up the 140 division before possibly moving to 147.

The guy has fast hands and throws fast combinations, his fights are always exciting and you never know whats going to happen next. While he doesn't have the best chin and recuperation, it makes for exciting fights and his heart makes up for it because he's always willing to get back up and take some more.

He's gotta take the long road of redemption and I honestly feel that he can come back and be a champion again, because the kid has almost everything. If his defence improves and he sticks to his game plan he'll beat everyone at 140 and possibly 147 barring Pacman and Mayweather.

You guys should cut him some slack because he is everything you look for in an exciting fighter, not an elite boxer yet, but still a very very good boxer.
                If he would of fought or fights Mayweather he's going to turn into the greatest 140 pounder of the last decade or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  If he would of fought or fights Mayweather he's going to turn into the greatest 140 pounder of the last decade or so.
                  Exactly, that's exactly what the fanbase was gearing up for. Too bad that Philly fighter put an end to that nonsense real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by boogybro View Post
                    Arrogant.
                    Overhyped.
                    Lots of gifted wins.
                    And also for how the Barrera fight was handled.

Having said that, and admitting to being repulsed by the douchebag, I enjoy watching him fight. He has an air of vulnerability about him. Because if he doesn't finish you early, he tends to fade and the chances of his jaw getting smashed skyrocket.

His last few fights were FOTY candidates for me.
                    A Cotto fan talking about overhyped and arrogant? Really?

Comment

Khan was outclassing Garcia until he got caught - the guy is young and will bounce back easily.

Khan had almost all the advantages in that fight, but he just got overconfident.

I expect Khan to learn from his mistakes and come back a better fighter

There's no hate for Khan, but he has so much talent that we expect the best from him....that's why he gets a thrashing when he loses...

Comment

Working...
                      X