Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Broner can beat Gamboa, he shoots up the P4P list IMMEDIATELY.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Was weight why Mayweather beat Marquez??? Did he impose his size on him??? Not really, he's just the better man.

If Broner and Gamboa end up fighting, the better man will win. I just hope it happens at 135 once Gamboa has a fight there first.
    Guys on here talk about how there was only 8 weight classes "back in the day" but when a guy now is a division or two above or below someone they make a fuss about being in seperate weight classes

There is nothing but consistent inconsistency on this forum its comical

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      weight and size were a factor in that fight..... Marquez would probably still lose to Mayweather regardless but to pretend like Weight and size doesn't matter is foolish
      Marquez arguably beat Pac around the same weight.....

Mayweather's "size" wasn't imposed during that fight, he out boxed Marquez in one of the most one sided and boring fights in recent memory. At the time, it was a very ehhhhh not good fight, I'll admit that. Having seen what Marquez is capable of against Pacquiao at 144 though, the weight thing has gone out of the window. And lets not act like those 2 lbs were why Floyd shut him out.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
        how can you tell? the opposition he's beating is subpar

while gamboa has faced better opposition and looked magnificent and he did it whilst making weight
        If opposition is your only indicator for improvement, then no need for me to explain.

Comment

i never said he was too young or he's not ready.........

garcia's managers probably turned down the fight not him.......besides that's irrelevant since he's facing salido next who he will beat worse then gamboa did
          you might wanna check for your meds.............my post was to onechance. "i never said he was too young or he's not ready"

WTF is this guy talking about

are you onechance?

BTW salido isn't confirmed at all. in fact no negotiations......

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            If opposition is your only indicator for improvement, then no need for me to explain.
            it should be a factor though

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Marquez arguably beat Pac around the same weight.....

Mayweather's "size" wasn't imposed during that fight, he out boxed Marquez in one of the most one sided and boring fights in recent memory. At the time, it was a very ehhhhh not good fight, I'll admit that. Having seen what Marquez is capable of against Pacquiao at 144 though, the weight thing has gone out of the window. And lets not act like those 2 lbs were why Floyd shut him out.
              so if Mayweather goes up to fight Chavez jr. You don't think size or weight will become a factor in the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                you might wanna check your meds.............my post was to onechance. "i never said he was too young or he's not ready"

WTF is this guy talking about

are you onechance?

BTW salido isn't confirmed at all. in fact no negotiations......
                my mistake

Comment

weight and size were a factor in that fight..... Marquez would probably still lose to Mayweather regardless but to pretend like Weight and size doesn't matter is foolish
                  It matters to a certain point...people are only focused on weight now cause there are more weight classes diced up from the original weight classes.....for instance...

Jmm has 2 fights @135 then went to 147 and fought Floyd and got dominated, he dropped back down to 135 fought twice then went back up to 147 to fight manny and arguably won the fight. Please tell where weight was a factor in the outcome between Floyd vs jmm & PAC vs jmm @147lbs?

Comment

You gotta love how he makes weight as well
                    Weren't you banned too???

Broner missed weight, oh well. He won't be the last fighter to do so, and certainly wasn't the first. It's not like he was going to get credit for beating Escobedo anyway. It was a solid stay busy fight, nothing more or less.

Comment

so if Mayweather goes up to fight Chavez jr. You don't think size or weight will become a factor in the fight?
                      You're comparing Mayweather at WW to Chavez at MW.....not really even in the same ball park.

Marquez fought Floyd, who a smaller/average WW size. Floyd would be fighting Chavez, a MW who is really a CW in size. Not even remotely the same.

If Floyd goes up to 160 and fought Sergio, and lost, most would say it was the weight probably. But if Floyd then up to 160 again and beat a top fighter there and looked good, one would have to give Sergio credit for beating him.

Make sense?
                      Last edited by 4Corners; 08-01-2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X