This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Afro Cubans and Haitians are considered black by many.
    you don't have to be a yank to have afro blood.

They really do appear to only be signing black fighters ....
    i have never met a person who considered cubans black but i don't know maybe its just me

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      afro blood. that means jack ****. the point is they arent black american fighters. far from it. this is a very diverse bunch. if all ur gonna look at is the skin color then ur turning it into a racial thing. says more about u than them.
      now Black = American. since when?
      stupid comment really. You can be black from other nations and mixes of blood

if a white boxer and a white promoter started a company and signed.
      Pavlik, Kessler, Hatton, Katsidis, ,Froch, Wladimir, Vitali even Canelo
      just white Boxers from all over. Someone would point it out.

It's fine IMO they can sign who ever, but it is kinda weird and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
        i have never met a person who considered cubans black but i don't know maybe its just me
        Afro Cubans do consider themselves black.

which is kinda weird. I've always just seen them as Latinos with a mix of afro blood,

They made a thread here where some Cubans saw themselves as black

Comment

I guess PED users are okay in 50's company.

Sort of awkward, being associated with Floyd and all...

Comment

It's fine IMO they can sign who ever, but it is kinda weird and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out.
            Man just stop, Boxing has always been something that was broken down and pushed by Nationalities not Race. And they have a mix of Nationalities.

Comment

Berto, Gamboa, Cabellero, and Dirrell. TMT is signing some of the worst draws in the sport. I'm going to be really impressed if TMT manages to make them popular.

Comment

The African slave trade went everywhere! There is more Africans in Brazil in all south America then in the United States. So yes that is Afro blood not just color, do your research

Comment

if somenone would point that out, theyd be a fool too. if the only thing ppl have in common is skin color, then what does that mean? ****.

seriously, ur reaching. i guess they signed dibb to be the token white boy, rite?

ppl see race where they wanna see race. ah well. whatever.

Comment

Afro Cubans and Haitians are considered black by many.
                    you don't have to be a yank to have afro blood.

They really do appear to only be signing black fighters ....
                    Who could they sign that isn't black?

Comment

Originally posted by hitem27 View Post
                      The African slave trade went everywhere! There is more Africans in Brazil in all south America then in the United States. So yes that is Afro blood not just color, do your research
                      u honestly think im not aware of that? smh. once again, it means ****. we have the same genes for skin color. oh nice. i guess we should be pointing out every promoter tha signs every fighter with black hair. or mebbe the duvas who usually only sign white eurpoean fighters. the whole idea is ludicrous.

i have much more in common with a white american on the street than i do with yuriorkis gamboa. we may look more similar but we share little else. idc that we once had the same ancestors. at the end of the day, our cultures are vastly different.

Comment

Working...
                      X