No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent Outlines Business Plan, Vision of TMT Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Sage View Post
    FAIL!!! First of, any boxing promotion called "Money Team" is doomed to fail! I can clearly see how this one will play-out. Too much EGO, too much "I'm gonna make this money" attitude, too much wasteful, flashy events, and I can see Floyd and 50 thinking they're bigger than the boxers they're supposed to represent. There's a reason why in the past 40 years, you can count on your hands how many boxing promotional companies that have been successful. They don't have the management skills neither do they have the temperament for the business. It's going to be comedy watching both of em make a fool of themselves. Lol.
    Smh.......pathetic post

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
      50 is not the sharpest tool in the shed. For 50 to try and say that, they want to make a 4-5 card main event like MMA.....NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Reason being is that UFC has a central body that calls the shots. Boxing is just a mess of steamy hot dog s with politics and bodies in every state. For everyone else who thinks this has a remote chance of being a GBP or TR....you would fail in the stock market with such short near sighted vision. The difference is that Oscar was biggr than Manny, Floyd, or 50 could ever be. Oscar attracted new watchers (mainly women) that created an interest in the sport. No, 50 will not bring any new fans. Hes more irrelevant in music today than former Cowboys RB Tashard Choice.

I was in sales for some years (auto), and the old saying..."everyone wants to be sold", but geez.....Its funny how easy some idiots are sold.
      yeah I'm not sold on this post .....

Did anyone think golden boy would be where it's at now?

If al haymon took all his fighters from golden boy they would be left with one star.... Canelo....gtfoh man

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
        ^ You want proof, yet some of your own claims deal with speculation and reaching at conclusions. Good lord, this site.
        Since we really know absolutely nothing about the size of Mayweather's purses other than what he tells us, with him being a serial liar, the "information is less than useless. So I have to make an educated guess, but only about the Promoter's flat fee. A very telling example of Mayweather's unreliability is the $32 million "guarantee", conveniently for public consumption guaranteed by....himself !. I doubt is he reports the same minimum amount to the IRS, yes, doubt it very much. What he was really doing by this "guarantee" was that he could claim to have the biggest guarantee in boxing history. This would satisfy his extremely childish imagination....for a while.

He wanted to exceed the historical top guarantee which had been claimed by Mike Tyson. So he did. So what??

We must not forget that a year-and-a-half ago, Mayweather "Productions was evicted from their office for long-term deliquency in rent. At around the same time, the IRS was chasing him for delinquent income tax of over $6 mill. At around the same time, his super car was repossessed for delinquency in payments (just imagine, this multi- trillionaire didn't even have the cash to pay for his car). AND, at around the same time, he was being dunned by the mortgage company because he was delinquent in his mansion payments (more payments)........

I believe I read that the IRS seized the purse of $9.4 mill for his next fight.

What about the saga of another repossessed car, the Maybach 57S. It cost $397,000, he borrowed $415,000, but just put a down payment on it instead of paying cash, (this a few days after a HUGE payday-I think Oscar where he reputedly was paid %25 mill)) stopped making payments after 10 months. After another 4 missed payments, it was seized, and sold for $196,000. He still owed nearly $400,000 which didn't include legal fees, taxes, and much more. He was paying 16% interest..........

A great guy to run a promotions company, dealing with other peoples' money.......

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
          I admire Fitty's vision. I highly support this movement if they deliver in what they promise. One thing I immediately see being improved is a much richer advertising of fights. Just imagine the ads in prints and major networks, they'll bring them to a whole 'nother level. They've got a lot of potential.
          Ding Ding Ding !!! We Have a winner

The Boxing / Hip Hop cross promo flamboyance will be fresh and the cards will be very entertaining even when the fights are not. I guarantee boxers will start flocking that way and change the game.

It's not just about the hip hop culture either the other fighter will come in with there favorite artist and there will be a fusion with boxing and music along with grand over the top cards.
          Last edited by Bacatit; 07-30-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            Since we really know absolutely nothing about the size of Mayweather's purses other than what he tells us, with him being a serial liar, the "information is less than useless. So I have to make an educated guess, but only about the Promoter's flat fee. A very telling example of Mayweather's unreliability is the $32 million "guarantee", conveniently for public consumption guaranteed by....himself !. I doubt is he reports the same minimum amount to the IRS, yes, doubt it very much. What he was really doing by this "guarantee" was that he could claim to have the biggest guarantee in boxing history. This would satisfy his extremely childish imagination....for a while.

He wanted to exceed the historical top guarantee which had been claimed by Mike Tyson. So he did. So what??

We must not forget that a year-and-a-half ago, Mayweather "Productions was evicted from their office for long-term deliquency in rent. At around the same time, the IRS was chasing him for delinquent income tax of over $6 mill. At around the same time, his super car was repossessed for delinquency in payments (just imagine, this multi- trillionaire didn't even have the cash to pay for his car). AND, at around the same time, he was being dunned by the mortgage company because he was delinquent in his mansion payments (more payments)........

I believe I read that the IRS seized the purse of $9.4 mill for his next fight.

What about the saga of another repossessed car, the Maybach 57S. It cost $397,000, he borrowed $415,000, but just put a down payment on it instead of paying cash, (this a few days after a HUGE payday-I think Oscar where he reputedly was paid %25 mill)) stopped making payments after 10 months. After another 4 missed payments, it was seized, and sold for $196,000. He still owed nearly $400,000 which didn't include legal fees, taxes, and much more. He was paying 16% interest..........

A great guy to run a promotions company, dealing with other peoples' money.......

Enjoy!
            The man made 85 million within the last year in two fights dumb ass

Comment

floyd mayweather follows the career of billy dib

already fitting right in with promoters, fifty?
              lying out of your big horse-teeth

Comment

Boxing needs more boxing promotors it's a win win for us boxing freaks. It will be about putting the best fights out there. TR can beef with GBP. TNT can Beef with GBP or TR as long as they put good cards for us is all I care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                  The man made 85 million within the last year in two fights dumb ass
                  You obviously must be "speed reader" as it's clear that you skipped over my post. If you had read it you wouldn't have sent in your own. Although......... you may be one of those people who can read without comprehending.

If you want to believe a poseur and childish liar like Mayweather,against the known figures, be my guest. I have higher standards. I don't know why I even bother to reply to such an asinine post.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    You obviously must be "speed reader" as it's clear that you skipped over my post. If you had read it you wouldn't have sent in your own. Although......... you may be one of those people who can read without comprehending.

If you want to believe a poseur and childish liar like Mayweather,against the known figures, be my guest. I have higher standards. I don't know why I even bother to reply to such an asinine post.
                    The post where you dismiss the quotes and numbers from the actual involved parties about the subject and replace it with some bull**** that you just made up with numbers you pull out of the air?

I'm pretty sure people read it and realized it is the same lunatic conspiracy theory bull**** that you're always posting about when it comes to Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post

Oh I read it.....but all that it required was that 1 sentence response

Comment

Working...
                      X