No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent Outlines Business Plan, Vision of TMT Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghidra View Post
    I think the first thing they should do is teach Gamboa english. With his skills and the ability to speak to the US public he could be a PPV star.
    I agree but that would take time

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
      Its been said a million times already Floyd pays Golden Boy a flat fee. Not a percentage of whatever was grossed. Cant even get that right.
      I've been describing the Golden Balls take for months as a percentage, waiting for some dodo to point out that they are supposed to get a flat fee not a percentage. This is actually only "hearsay". I've wondered all the time where the dumbos were, since there are truckloads of evidence from their posts that they are on this site in massive numbers.

Well.....surprisingly, you're the very first. CONGRATULATIONS, and let me explain. As NOBODY has any idea what the flat fee amounts to, (and it surely wouldn't be the same for every fight, but negotiated afresh each time) and I am roughly calculating the likely nett main eventer take -give or take a few millions- I utilise a practical way of lessening the chance of being too far wrong by making it about 25%, since I know that Top Rank take 27% of MannyP's purse, thus making the Golden Balls' fee a bit less than Top Rank's. Even so, I believe that Top Rank has a special deal with MannyP because of being the #1 lb4lb fighter, and the ancillary benefits his shows attract, so they take a bit less than usual. I've seen several times that a promoters' usual take is around 30%, and if you read what a modern promoter's responsibilities are, on the internet, you'll agree that 30% is a bargain. Along the same lines, PPV/Cable take is 50-54% of the PPV amount.

I hope this explanation is not too complicated for you, and also hope that you appreciate my kindness in taking the time to explain. As to the last, I was really waiting for the opportunity which you provided. Thank you indeed.

As usual, it's just my opinion.
      Last edited by edgarg; 07-30-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

^ You want proof, yet some of your own claims deal with speculation and reaching at conclusions. Good lord, this site.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
          if Mayweather was so damn smart and savy why didn't his ''promotion company'' ever take off? it's been 6 years that this dude started ''mayweather promotions'' and has not promoted a single fight by himself
          Do u feel the same way about MP promotions???

Comment

havent gone thru the posts in this thread . but billy dibs??? man who wants to see that guy fight? jeez!!! not me

Comment

For a second I thought the title said 50 was about to work with Vision Quest. That would be hilarious.

Comment

FAIL!!! First of, any boxing promotion called "Money Team" is doomed to fail! I can clearly see how this one will play-out. Too much EGO, too much "I'm gonna make this money" attitude, too much wasteful, flashy events, and I can see Floyd and 50 thinking they're bigger than the boxers they're supposed to represent. There's a reason why in the past 40 years, you can count on your hands how many boxing promotional companies that have been successful. They don't have the management skills neither do they have the temperament for the business. It's going to be comedy watching both of em make a fool of themselves. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  I agree. I think the name is a lil immature' ish if they're looking to make a statement in a positive light in the sport. The Money Team sounds like a record label or rap group and not so much a promotional company.
                  Yeah they could have picked a better name, but did they name it that to impress me, the fan?

Or to set a tone as part of an image designed to attract talent?

If they get the right guys and make em' fight, I'll forgive em' the crass name, lol.

Somebody else asked the question: how are they going to live up to their claims? Are they going to promote for free?

While a 5 main event card is probably rainbows and unicorns, they might start out accepting break-even deals or going a little bit in the hole if it helps them gain market share over the long term.

Sure DLH said similar things outta' the gate, but that doesn't mean TMT necessarily can't get closer to that ideal than GBP has.

I'll believe it when I see it, but I wish them well and hope they'll get close to living up to their propaganda.

Comment

All these negative comments

I wish TMT nothing but the best and hope they're successful in their new venture as I would want the same. I don't know how people can say their doom to fail when they seem to be pretty successful in business. Who knows if they're going to be successful or not as with anything time will tell.

Comment

Why would anyone sign with Mayweather who clearly has a ******** issue and tax issues? If he has these troubles with his own money why in the hell would you let him near your money or be in charge of your career

Comment

Working...
                      X