Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****s gunna fold faster then you can say phility rich records

Comment

Originally posted by voneric View Post
      This really sounds like the statements Delahoyas made when he started GoldenBoyPromotions.
      Very much so. Like De La Hoya said, it's easier said than done. (one of the few non-BS statements he ever made)

At any rate, TMT will have only as much time as Floyd is an active fighter and undefeated for their vision to kickstart, unless they can produce or obtain another mega cash cow fighter to maintain the power shift. An alternative is to make some kind of anti-consumer plan like what Golden Boy did when they made the DLH-Forbes fight deal on "free" HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        I don't know man. I want to believe in this, but it's not adding up.

The company will be by the fighters for the fighters. It sounds like he's saying the fighters will make all the money leaving the promoters out. But if that's the case, wouldn't we see cherry picking at an all time high if all the money is going to the main fighter?

Then, how would you have 5 main events?

That's 10 main event fighters all expecting to see nothing but big bucks??

Even if all 10 fighters saw the big bucks, then how would 50 keep his business going and make a profit?

It's just not adding up right now.
        That stuff about five main events is already promo talk. The idea is to make for more exciting overall cards. If they can achieve that, we all win. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDD7kxWtmlc

50 Talking a little more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
            ****s gunna fold faster then you can say phility rich records
            I heard Lottery Soda made it far too.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
              Very much so. Like De La Hoya said, it's easier said than done. (one of the few non-BS statements he ever made)

At any rate, TMT will have only as much time as Floyd is an active fighter and undefeated for their vision to kickstart, unless they can produce or obtain another mega cash cow fighter to maintain the power shift. An alternative is to make some kind of anti-consumer plan like what Golden Boy did when they made the DLH-Forbes fight deal on "free" HBO.
              Accurate statement.

Comment

Unfortunately this is just ALL TALK. At the end of the day all these people will be looking for the bottomline.

Comment

If Floyd comes back in November, it obviously won't be a big fight, I hope they put it on free HBO. That'd be huge, than put Gamboa-Dirrell-Dib on the card under him.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    No I didn't. Can you summarize?
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=560291

Ringtv.com: What else impressed you?

AD: Well, we were able to sit down with HBO, you know? And that's another thing. Until now, I have never had a chance to ever sit down with a television executive, whether it was ESPN or Showtime.

I never had that experience for any of my fights. But that's the first thing that we did, is that we sat down with [Vice President of Programming and Sports] Kery Davis of HBO.

More at the Link.
                    Last edited by DE100; 07-30-2012, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDD7kxWtmlc

50 Talking a little more about it.
                      Billy Dib signs with TMT.. Now I conclude that TMT is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X