No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Boxing is an EMBARRASSMENT!

Guys work their A$$ OFF to get the Olympic only to get ROBBED because people have PAID FOR GOLD MEDALS before the OLYMPICS STARTED!

Erislandy Savon was blatantly ROBBED...you could see it in Anthony Joshua face when the Ref raised his hand even he looked embarrassed about the Decision and now another GBR fighter getting a GIFT, come on they are making it pretty obvious this thing is fixed...AND THEY DON'T CARE!

What sucks is that it has always been this bad but nobody wanted to complain UNTIL a Cuban and a Ukraine fighter gets Robbed now all of a sudden the Judges are Bad BLAH BLAH BLAH but Olympic Boxing Corruption has always been this bad

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Its at 4PM ET and will not be showed live, but will be on the 5PM ET Boxing broadcast
      thanks carnal

Comment

• The judging has been a joke! Then again it always has but only when he Brits win do people seem to moan. Joshua although I feel got beaten easy last night by savon should really be the World champ but lost a questionable decision so its swings and round abouts.

Comment

• Hopefully for Ogogo it's a mistake on the Olympic website as opposed to an adding up mistake from the judges, as it will be devastating to him after he thought he had won.
          But if it is indeed a mistake by the judges ,its good that it has been noticed and picked up on, as it would of be very unfair to the Ukrainian fighter to have been sent home due to a scorecard mistake.

Having said that, i take nothing away from Ogogo..none of the controversy was his fault and he put up a great fight against a fighter most people thought would brush him aside.
          Last edited by Chrismart; 08-02-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Olympic Boxing is an EMBARRASSMENT!

Guys work their A$$ OFF to get the Olympic only to get ROBBED because people have PAID FOR GOLD MEDALS before the OLYMPICS STARTED!

Erislandy Savon was blatantly ROBBED...you could see it in Anthony Joshua face when the Ref raised his hand even he looked embarrassed about the Decision and now another GBR fighter getting a GIFT, come on they are making it pretty obvious this thing is fixed...AND THEY DON'T CARE!

What sucks is that it has always been this bad but nobody wanted to complain UNTIL a Cuban and a Ukraine fighter gets Robbed now all of a sudden the Judges are Bad BLAH BLAH BLAH but Olympic Boxing Corruption has always been this bad
            Hope they dont rob my boy ramirez

Comment

• Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
              Hopefully for Agogo it's a mistake on the Olympic website as opposed to an adding up mistake from the judges, as it will be devastating to him after he thought he had won.
              But if it is indeed a mistake by the judges ,its good that it has been noticed and picked up on, as it would of be very unfair to the Ukrainian fighter to have been sent home due to a scorecard mistake.

Having said that, i take nothing away from Agogo..none of the controversy was his fault and he put up a great fight against a fighter most people thought would brush him aside.
              I like how you throw that word "mistake" around. You're obviously British.

Comment

• Vasyl Lomachenko taking care of business

Comment

• Appeal seems to have been rejected

Comment

• lomachenko looked good. i just got a chance to catch his fight. his Dominican opponent moved well and had a decent style himself. he just couldn't hit lomachenko cleanly enough to score, or protect himself while launching his own offense to keep lomachenko from scoring.

i really hope this kid turns pro straight away. they'll probably move him quickly. if he's been going six or eight rounds of sparring in the gym for a long time it shouldn't be a huge issue until he starts to fight eight or ten rounders. if he's been trained with the professionals in mind he'll adjust.

he's not easy to hit. that's really what's most important in today's boxing traditions. you can win a fight without a ton of power.

obviously we'll get a better idea of his punching power when he's got smaller gloves on. he's a 24 year old FW, so you've got to figure he's not too much below the weight at which he'll try and make a run for a world championship.
                    if he were bigger i think he'd have a better shot at making the real dough, but only time will tell us that.

let's hope the typical professional BS allows him to make whatever impression on the game his talents and skills will allow

no dimitri pirog cold freeze, please.
                    Last edited by New England; 08-02-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      I like how you throw that word "mistake" around. You're obviously British.
                      Well, i would see it as a mistake as the scores are posted up on the internet for all to see. Be naive of anyone trying to cheat/fix to try and pull a fast one with scores and think it will go un-noticed.

As for 'obviously being British'..well i am as it says under my avatar. Doesn't mean i want fighters from other nations hard done by, as i said in my original post about this fight, and as i said last night when Josuha faced the Cuban fighter.

Im not trying to make excuses for any mistakes made by judges..i dont want to see any fighter who has been training for years being robbed in the biggest moment of his life.

Comment

Working...
                      X