Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't really buy the argument about no headgear for safety measures it serves its importance and given the # of times a guy fights if there is a cut he'd have to withdraw if it were early in the tournament plus fighting that many times in a short period it protects from any damage that could result from punches.

Oscar De La Hoya fought with headgear and he was able to capture the public appeal if you have IT you have it, i'm in favor of headgear

Comment

• where can i watch the matches??? i cant find them

Comment

• Good match coming up

Robson Conceicao of Brasil vs Josh Taylor of the UK

Conceicao was the fighter that got awarded with a victory over Lomachenko at Baku, and was later overturned, when Lomachenko's people complained to the AIBA.

Let's see if Taylor doesn't need the help of the judges in this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
          Oscar De La Hoya fought with headgear and he was able to capture the public appeal if you have IT you have it, i'm in favor of headgear
          different era, boxing was still big in the US.

Andre Ward won gold and no one cared. Only recently in the past year has he gotten any real recognition.

Comment

• The Puerto Rican that fought this morning has star written all over him. Man he was so smart in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              different era, boxing was still big in the US.

Andre Ward won gold and no one cared. Only recently in the past year has he gotten any real recognition.
              I disagree that no one cared I remember him getting on HBO real early because of that medal. Not like it was 76 or 84 or Oscar but it did still open doors for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                where can i watch the matches??? i cant find them
                CNBC....there are plenty of NBC channels showing all the sports, just search for them

Comment

• taylor's looking pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                    That's something I'd like to risk because the reward of no headgear ioutweighs unfortunate cuts, etc. No one really cares about olympic boxing right now mainly because of the headgear and the crappy scoring system. People can't identify with the fighters.

Imagine if ray leonard fought with headgear. Americans would have never fell in love with his smile and charisma.

As of now you see Red vs Blue and that's it. Cant see their faces, can't really identify with the fighter. It's just not as exciting either.
                    Lol you got that from FNF

Comment

• Hope ramirez does good

Comment

Working...
                      X