Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Worse: Pacquiao draining Cotto by 2 lbs, Or Ward draining Dawson by 7 lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• niether are bad because BOTH DAWSON AND COTTO WANTED THE FIGHT....end of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puya View Post
      it took Cotto a while to accept the 145 offer. and what make you guys think he could made 146 again?
      Based on his fight with Clottey just prior, Cotto made 146 and didn't look / seemed drained more than him maybe not having the best camp / corner to prepare him for the fight let alone still having the whole Margarito situation looming over him. I mean, Cotto looked in great shape for Pacquiao to be honest

Based on what I what I saw, Cotto had a good game plan early on by Boxing and creating offense at times, but he made the mistake of going toe to toe with Pacquiao and he paid for it. I really didn't see a weight drained Cotto more than someone who quite possibly underestimated Pac's speed / power and lacked a real trainer for that caliber of a fight.

Comment

• As much as we all love Ray Leonard (my fav fighter), we can't deny the whole ordeal with him vs Donny Lalonde, which compared to both is worse considering he made him defend his Light Heavyweight title at Super Middleweight.
        Last edited by RL_GMA; 07-30-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          As much as we all love Ray Leonard (my fav fighter), we can't deny the whole ordeal with him vs Donny Lalonde, which compared to both is worse considering he made him defend his Light Heavyweight title and Super Middleweight.
          I mentioned that and people didn't say shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            I mentioned that and people didn't say shit.

I guess some people didn't (or don't) follow Boxing pre 1990s. Catch weights / weight draining has been done for years, but apparently Pacquiao seems to be the King of that?

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

I guess some people didn't (or don't) follow Boxing pre 1990s. Catch weights / weight draining has been done for years, but apparently Pacquiao seems to be the King of that?
              My all time favorite Oscar did it with Hopkins. Another one of my favorites Henry Armstrong did it as well...forgot the name off the top of my head against who though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                My all time favorite Oscar did it with Hopkins. Another one of my favorites Henry Armstrong did it as well...forgot the name off the top of my head against who though.
                Yup...............

I think Armstrong did the catchweight when fought for Middleweight title.

Comment

• Originally posted by rl_gma View Post
                  yup...............

I think armstrong did the catchweight when fought for middleweight title.
                  imho back in armstrong day it was more acceptable to fans because of the big gaps in weight class

Comment

• Originally posted by FUC_U_PAYME View Post
                    imho back in armstrong day it was more acceptable to fans because of the big gaps in weight class
                    This is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by FUC_U_PAYME View Post
                      Probably.

IMO, the only acceptable weight is the weight that is agreed upon by both fighters. Regardless if your last name is Ward, Armstrong, Pacquiao, Leonard, etc.. Your opponent agreed to fight at the specified weight.

Which is worse, Pac or Ward? Neither, they are equally opportunistic.

Comment

Working...
                      X