Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Worse: Pacquiao draining Cotto by 2 lbs, Or Ward draining Dawson by 7 lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    This is your fan su****ion test lol?

You're proving my point, Pac's catchweight offenses get a 3yr long ****storm, other guys cws (sometimes much worse) get a shrug.
    It's typical among fan bases with their biased agendas. For instance, drug cheats somehow get a pass but guys like Margarito get slapped with insults for a different type of cheating.

Comment

• Dawson planned to move down, finds Ward as a great opportunity. Ward never called Dawson out and demanded he drained down.

Cotto was planning on leaving 147. Pac finds great opportunity to call out Cotto and drained him down from a weight Pac had already fought at. If Cotto was ok with 145, then why would Cotto not want his belt at stake? Because Cotto felt it wasn't fair thats why and wants the fight to be fair at 147. If Cotto would have called out Pac at 145, it would be similier to Ward/Dawson case, but its not. Cotto during training camp for Pac 145 was complaining about not being able to eat in 24/7 and later said he will no longer sacrifice his body again for Pac after Pac calls him out again for another CW bwhahahaha......

Very different situation. Pac calls out a guy moving originally moving up, to move down further then his moving up originally from. Ward gets called out by Dawson who is originally moving down in weight and not just for Ward. SEE THE DIFFERENCES FOLKS, OFCOURSE YOU DON"T. MANNY's BALLS ON YOUR CHINS HAS YOU DISTRACTED......

Comment

• How is this thread still going on....

Comment

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
          and cotto was held at gunpoint to fight pac at 145?
          Arum being his promoter. YES

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Funny that you're bitching about Pac considering Floyd and Paul Williams both have fought at a CW before. Specially Williams telling Sergio to go down in weight after saying he can fight all the way to 168.
            What you fail to realize & always have is that this tread is comparing to totally different scenarios & are acting like they're the same. The topic of this tread is about Pacman/Cotto & the catchweight. So how am i b!t(hing when I'm discussing the topic??

Furthermore the 1 catchweight Pacman/Cotto was not & has never been my biggest problem with Pacman. It's his entire resume above 140 (minus DLH) that completely erks me.

Lets see, he beat Cotto but it's now a well known fact he won't fight him healthy.

You're gonna love this 1. But the absolute biggest bull$h!t fight in the history of boxing is the Margarito fiasco, totally a bull$h!t a$$ fight against a cheater ext ext.

Then a shot Mosley he wouldn't fight after he destroyed Margarito offering a crazy catchweight himself.

It goes on & on. Don't act like I'm bashing Pacman for 1 little catchweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              This is your fan su****ion test lol?

You're proving my point, Pac's catchweight offenses get a 3yr long ****storm, other guys cws (sometimes much worse) get a shrug.
              I'm talking to a fan boy. Fan su****ions test??? Lmao. ******ed. I'm definitely NOT proving your point. Let's leave it at this. You DON'T think Cotto was weakened. I do.

Fan su****ion test? Wtf, lmao...

Comment

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                and cotto was held at gunpoint to fight pac at 145?
                No, Cotto was held at MONEY POINT, lmao!

Comment

• Manny was worse because he made a champion defend his title at a weight lower than the division max. For all of you that say it was no big deal, well then tell me why manny diodn't just let cotto weigh 147, IF IT WAS NO BIG DEAL!!

ANd, HBO is asking Dawson to come down to so the winner or loser doesn't lose any credibility or marketability. If DAwson wins, well he was the bigger guy, if ward wins, well Dawson came down.

Its a win, win for everyone. In the manny/cotto case, the only one benefiting of having cotto come in at 145 is manny.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-30-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Both Cotto and Dawson said (or are saying) the drop in weight isn't a problem. Cotto has stated he didn't feel the weight was an issue more than preparation for that fight. I think people make too much of an excuse in relation to discrediting Pacquiao (and I'm a Cotto supporter). Poor fight plan lost Cotto the fight more than him being weight drained.

This is Cotto weight drained:

[IMG]http://*******.com/259csu3[/IMG]

Dawson is clearly coming down much more than Cotto did, so it remains to be seen whether Dawson can make the weight ok with no problems. If not, IMO it's tough to give a legit win to Ward if he does end up winning. But at the end of the day, if the fighters agree to the weight then it's on them.
                    Last edited by RL_GMA; 07-30-2012, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Can anybody give the numbers of Dawson's and Cotto's weights on fightnight?

Comment

Working...
                      X