No announcement yet.

How succesful can 50 cent be if GBP refuse to do buisness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michaelo12175 View Post
    first of all, al haymon is a manager, not a promoter. if he wanted to put on events and is so gotdamn powerful, he would have done that a long time ago before floyd. floyd hasn't even promoted his own fights on his own.

as far as 50.....he has no connections in boxing. not like GBP and Top Rank. he needs both of their fighters to make real money.

maybe he'll put some lame ass fights on BET or something.

50s music career is irrelevant now.

as far as acting, he did recently make a movie with robert deniro and forrest whitaker.........that went straight to dvd.

whatever man.

Much of Haymon’s influence is derived from his relationship with Mayweather. Haymon helped him maneuver out of his contract with Top Rank for $750,000. Mayweather became the biggest pay-per-view draw of his generation, made a professional wrestling cameo, appeared on “Dancing With the Stars,” all in part because of Haymon’s influence. Boxing fans are craving a showdown between Mayweather and Pacquiao. The fate of that fight may rest with Haymon more than with any other person.

Richard Schaefer, the chief executive of Golden Boy Promoters, the company hired in recent years to promote Mayweather fights, called Haymon “easily the smartest man I’ve ever met.”

Mayweather added, “If I would have had Al Haymon from the beginning, I probably would be a billionaire right now.”

Comment

first of all, al haymon is a manager, not a promoter. if he wanted to put on events and is so gotdamn powerful, he would have done that a long time ago before floyd. floyd hasn't even promoted his own fights on his own.

as far as 50.....he has no connections in boxing. not like GBP and Top Rank. he needs both of their fighters to make real money.

maybe he'll put some lame ass fights on BET or something.

50s music career is irrelevant now.

as far as acting, he did recently make a movie with robert deniro and forrest whitaker.........that went straight to dvd.

whatever man.

These are the Haymon basics: Harvard-educated; successful in live concert promotion, then television production, now boxing; extensive list of celebrity clients; a brother, Bobby, who once fought Sugar Ray Leonard; no office, no answering machine, no photographs, no interviews.

“Think of Al as the Wizard of Oz,” said Phil Casey, one longtime partner in the music business. “It’s best not to try and figure him out.”

Comment

It's not in GBP best interest to not do business with 50...They don't have Mayweather signed and he is their bread and butter right now..Same as Manny is for TR..So yes it may effect 50,but it would effect GBP more in the long run..You know how many company's(including TR)would want to work with Floyd??

Comment

actually no you dumb****. he got it because he made a great investment. not because he conceptualized "vitamin water" the company.

even with that, 50 cent has people around him who most likely advised him to make that investment.

you or i can get rich from making a good investment, dummy.

nice try though.

that 100 mil 50 got from vitamin water because he was a good rapper right?
          [/QUOTE]

In 2010, Jackson's film company Cheetah Vision landed $200*million in funding

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            It's not in GBP best interest to not do business with 50...They don't have Mayweather signed and he is their bread and butter right now..Same as Manny is for TR..So yes it may effect 50,but it would effect GBP more in the long run..You know how many company's(including TR)would want to work with Floyd??
            Haymon will just take his fighters from GB....he don't need GB as he already has solid relationships with showtme and hbo.....

Comment

everyone's all hyped up on al haymon. i get that the dude is very smart.

thats great. so why don't we have "al haymon promotions"??

why would a man as smart as him need floyd or 50? other than a face for a company. AND no one even knows how much/if at all he'll be involved in TMT promotions.

what happens to "mayweather promotions"...whom has never even promoted an event on their own?? i don't even think they have a promoters license, just an LLC.

but whatever. good luck. top rank and GBP have nothing to prove in this game. it's all on TMT.

boxing promoters are all slimey. doesn't matter the name.

Comment

again, he can't just take any fighters anywhere if they're under promotional contract. unless TMT wants to buy everyone out of their contracts. which sounds dumb to me.

al haymon is smart enough to know he at least needs the relationship with golden boy.

when an al haymon fighter signs with a promo company and that fighter gets a signing bonus or an advance, al haymon isn't paying that bonus or advance. i bet his getting a cut though.

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                Haymon will just take his fighters from GB....he don't need GB as he already has solid relationships with showtme and hbo.....

Comment

Why are so many people being so negative about this?

Comment

everyone's all hyped up on al haymon. i get that the dude is very smart.

thats great. so why don't we have "al haymon promotions"??

why would a man as smart as him need floyd or 50? other than a face for a company. AND no one even knows how much/if at all he'll be involved in TMT promotions.

what happens to "mayweather promotions"...whom has never even promoted an event on their own?? i don't even think they have a promoters license, just an LLC.

but whatever. good luck. top rank and GBP have nothing to prove in this game. it's all on TMT.

boxing promoters are all slimey. doesn't matter the name.
                    Let it go, you sound like you desperately want this thing to FAIL for what ever reason It is all about MONEY, not about relationships with other Promotions, if TMT Promotions take care of their fighter better then Top Rank and GBP then they will start to take fighters away form those Promotions, one thing 50 Cent and Mayweather won't be Lacking is MONEY and that is what it all comes down to for fighters, networks, sponsors etc...who ever they can make the most money with that is who they will work with...and Mayweather as well as 50 Cent has proven year in and year out that THEY CAN GENERATE MONEY! Let them make their annoncement first about the Promotion and how it will work and who is all involved...Don't just assume that Mayweather and 50 Cent because they don't have "HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMAS" that they are jumping into this thing without A PLAN or without the Proper Financial Support or Connections in the Business, these guys love their money TOO MUCH to just waste their money away trying to build a Promotion...something tells me others are involved and it is not just Mayweather and 50 Cent using their OWN MONEY to get this thing started

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                      I totally agree with this..Its not in GBP best interest..

Comment

Working...
                      X