No announcement yet.

How succesful can 50 cent be if GBP refuse to do buisness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
    Lmao still not understand why some sound so angry. And are wishing for the worse.
    pffft., whos angry here. Thats all we do on these damn forums is talk about what if and such. LOL.

Comment

Home Work

My hunch is that 50 has done alot of home work.I used to wonder whats is in it for him after hanging out in Las Vegas all this years.I saw him come into light around the Dela Hoya fight when he lead Floyd into the ring.Having hesitated all this while, i have a feeling he has done his home work very well and seem to have spotted an opportunity that he will exploit.

I often wonder why is only Top Rank and Golden Boy doing well after Don King faded.It could all be many reasons.

Most business works when someone just strike it lucky and react to an opportunity , work with someone knowledgeable in the industry and a sheer luck or combination of all.I just hope he knows what he is doing and have a real people behind him.

Many sportsmen spends so much time dedicated to their game that more often than not they dont know much about how business works and the world becomes very lonely when they leave the sports and no one bows to them again.I guess with 50 and Floyd they may work around that stigma and set up a solid business.

Floyd can be in charge of scouting the talents and hand them to Roger ,whiles 50 or other guys handle the business aspect or hire a competent guys to do like Oscar.

Comment

I think they would do just fine. TMT promotions will sign a lot of young fighters especially young black fighters who look up to PBF and they used to listen to 50 music. But the biggest thing of all is that PBF and 50 got all the cars and jewelry like they want. Those 2 are going to identify with those young fighters on a level that GBP, Arum or DeBoef, DiBella or Shaw can't. That is I why I give them a good chance to succed and sign a bunch of young talent.

Comment

The most important relationships would be if he can build a relationship with the networks. If he can develop a relationship with HBO, Showtime or both he can be successful.

Comment

first of all, al haymon is a manager, not a promoter. if he wanted to put on events and is so gotdamn powerful, he would have done that a long time ago before floyd. floyd hasn't even promoted his own fights on his own.

as far as 50.....he has no connections in boxing. not like GBP and Top Rank. he needs both of their fighters to make real money.

maybe he'll put some lame ass fights on BET or something.

50s music career is irrelevant now.

as far as acting, he did recently make a movie with robert deniro and forrest whitaker.........that went straight to dvd.

whatever man.

Comment

Lmao still not understanding why some sound so angry. And are wishing for the worse.
              i dont get it either.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelo12175 View Post
                first of all, al haymon is a manager, not a promoter. if he wanted to put on events and is so gotdamn powerful, he would have done that a long time ago before floyd. floyd hasn't even promoted his own fights on his own.

as far as 50.....he has no connections in boxing. not like GBP and Top Rank. he needs both of their fighters to make real money.

maybe he'll put some lame ass fights on BET or something.

50s music career is irrelevant now.

as far as acting, he did recently make a movie with robert deniro and forrest whitaker.........that went straight to dvd.

whatever man.
                I see why you only have 10 post. you either trolling or dont know wtf you talking about.

Comment

you're right. 50 and floyd are just going to come in and take over the industry. what am i thinking??

tell me what major boxing event on a major network floyd has promoted on his own, without golden boy or top rank?

if floyd hasn't done it, what makes you think 50 can??

go ahead, i'll wait.....

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                  I see why you only have 10 post. you either trolling or dont know wtf you talking about.

Comment

It does not even matter if it is 50 or some random dude who is promoting Floyd. The only thing that really matters is connections with the right people. Floyd seems to have both HBO and MGM locked down and the rest of the promotion takes care of itself. 24/7 and a few TV adverts and heavy internet promotion account for the majority of the promotion so I don't know what else GBP brings to the table.

Floyd is giving away millions for no apparent reason and he can easily promote himself with the support from Al Haymon and a few celebrity friends.

Comment

Lmao still not understanding why some sound so angry. And are wishing for the worse.
                      You know exactly why some are wishing for the worst.

If 50 Cent and Mayweather (I'm assuming he's in on this too) create a legit company here that creates a dent in the Golden Boy-Top Rank bullcrap, then I'd be happy. My hope that they make matchups happen that won't because of Golden Boy and Top Rank far outweighs my dislike for Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X