Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    promoters?

well Haymon isn't allowed a promoter license because he is also a manager but essentially he is indeed a promoting entity

so is the problem also HBO's when it applies to other "promoters"?

the same as it is Arum's Schaefer's DiBella's (9/29 looks awful) etc they are submitting less than stellar product at premium pricing and expecting the buying public to be fine with it
    but those posters are not complaining about other promoters only al haymon.

if al haymon can get "shobox" level fights on BAD like the thurman fight or gary russell, hey we should all complain. but if you complain only about that and not blowouts from other promotional en****** well thats bull****.

and yes, those that complain only about other promoters and not al haymon also have an agenda its just in reverse.

Comment

• Talk about changing the whole system if you want~ because that is what has to change. Boxing's house is so far gone that the only real path forward is to burn the house down and rebuild on the ashes. So talking about what any one person did, does, is doing to the sport is meaningless in the big picture.

It is a classic case of don't hate the player, hate the game~ the boxing game is clearly messed up and has been for 100 years in various ways, very few issues have ever really been addressed except for some modest papering over~
      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 07-23-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

well I am fair across the board bad match ups or utilizing what few dates we have on major cable for them is awful and not needed for a sport that hangs on literally every fight card

cool

no all are involved

my thinking goes to the people who praise Haymon for jerking the system off like every other promoter out there and yet getting a pass from certain people due to his race

if Arum were to put Jose Benavidez on HBO in a spotlight fight don't you think people would have been up in arms over it? hell people call for Arum's passing

I dont think anyone here asked Haymon to die
        Obviously, bob and don have been doing it a lot longer. and its safe to say alot of haymons critics and criticism on this board seems to be because they posters don't like floyd or now, broner. so they take the fake criticism of floyd's resume and apply it to all al haymon fighters simply because they are al haymon fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

if al haymon can get "shobox" level fights on BAD like the thurman fight or gary russell, hey we should all complain. but if you complain only about that and not blowouts from other promotional en****** well thats bull****.

and yes, those that complain only about other promoters and not al haymon also have an agenda its just in reverse.
          so stand back and let him do it because others don't complain when it happens with other promoters?

the whole dont hate the player hate the game it what's hurting the sport from all involved

Comment

• The game is the problem~ if you can't see that then you aren't seeing the forest through the trees.

If I am getting dealt shitty hands in cards, I still have to play if I want to be involved, so one has got to do what it takes to play the game and boxing is a grimy, nasty, dirty, cut throat game

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

I don't know what board you're talking about, but the majority hates Arum here and make it very clear. The same goes for Goldenboy and their bull**** announcements, Dibella's hypocritical pandering and Gary Shaw's ****** face.

You guys need to stop blaming race for every criticism thrown at fighters or in this instance, managers, just because they happen to be African American. According to you guys, its just in Boxing that America has a problem when an African American is successful because that's not obviously the case when the biggest stars of football and baskeball and golf are black. The fact that Jordan is the most popular athlete ever in America alone defaults your claims. The fact the biggest selling jerseys in America all bare the names of African Americans.

I'm not saying racism doesn't exist and I'm not saying certain posters here don't discriminate because of race, because they do, I'm saying it's not ALWAYS the case like you guys make it out to be.

Comment

so stand back and let him do it because others don't complain when it happens with other promoters?

the whole dont hate the player hate the game it what's hurting the sport from all involved
                not really but part of me wonders if you didn't complain before, why is it such a problem now? why after decades of fighters being built up the same way, is it now such a problem because al haymon is doing it?

and look at the terms and words used to describe what al does. blackmail, hijack etc etc. why is it so negative when its haymon?

Comment

lol you called Trout a prospect when he is actually the WBA regular champion

you mentioned Ramos stepping up when in actuality Rigo was his mando and was inexplicably given an HBO date against Shimoda for a belt he did not deserve

I can go on if you like but I just used the easiest one
                  lol please don't tell me your using belts to distinguish between who is a prospect and who is a fighter in his prime ready to step up come on man.

rigo has what ten fights and is ready for the likes of donaire,mares and ect.

danny garcia had what 25 fights and his first risky fight was against khan.

garcia was a prospect fighting morales to prove he was ready to step up,he didn't look great but he won the fight clearly and knocked morales down in the fight.

that's the difference between a fighter in his prime and a fighter who is a prospect proving he's now ready for his first big fight.

also you say stated ramos didn't deserve the shot but he knocked the guy out which kinda makes me think whether he earned the shot or not he proved he was the better man.

basically ramos stepped up and fought rigo who is one of the best in the division denying that is ridiculous belts and mando excuses excluded.

trout is a prospect yes he's a champ but in a division like 154 do you really think he's ready for fighters like lara,canelo(he was supposed to fight canelo but looked like a prospect in the with Rodriguez fight which is why he didn't get the fight),cotto and kirkland?

berto stepped up to fight ortiz not a big step up not a great risk as it was ortiz's first fight at 147 but he did finally stepped up.

i think berto and his fights on hbo was a sham which is why i understand the hate haymon got for those matches but looks to me his fighters step up when they have proven they're no longer prospects and are ready to step up.

Comment

• had to step out of my office for literally three hours and this one is still going strong

#boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      I don't know what board you're talking about, but the majority hates Arum here and make it very clear. The same goes for Goldenboy and their bull**** announcements, Dibella's hypocritical pandering and Gary Shaw's ****** face.

You guys need to stop blaming race for every criticism thrown at fighters or in this instance, managers, just because they happen to be African American. According to you guys, its just in Boxing that America has a problem when an African American is successful because that's not obviously the case when the biggest stars of football and baskeball and golf are black. The fact that Jordan is the most popular athlete ever in America alone defaults your claims. The fact the biggest selling jerseys in America all bare the names of African Americans.

I'm not saying racism doesn't exist and I'm not saying certain posters here don't discriminate because of race, because they do, I'm saying it's not ALWAYS the case like you guys make it out to be.
                      no one blames race for every criticism, some of us simply seperate the race base criticism from the others and comment on them.

Comment

Working...
                      X