No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez : "I'm number 2 P4P behind Floyd, Pacquiao is not top 5"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    well imo and in the opinion of others in boxing it should have been a win...so that win *****s anything sergio has done since paul williams. in fact i don't consider martinez's wins since paul williams to be any better than donaire's wins since montiel. i do agree that pac's performance against marquez should have put him down a bit in the rankings, but his performance against a young undefeated fighter like bradley should have brought him back up/redeemed himself imo.
    his performance against bradley was not a pretty one yea he probably should of won but the fight was close and both of them look wild thru out the fight so why get so much credit for having a close ugly fight with someone that alot of people felt manny was going to destroy

Comment

This is not even debatable. Martinez is right about Pacquiao being out of the top 5. But I only disagree with him saying he's #2. I think Mayweather and Ward are interchangeably the 1 and 2 spots. I would say Martinez is #3.

Comment

Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
        a post Pacquiao Barrera whom he got knocked down against. the Diaz that got clowned by Malignaggi, and Casa really.. what gen is he from again? LOL you already know what Floyd did to him. and yes Pacquiao did beat him 3 times cause in the first match one of the judges gave Pacq credit for 2 kd's instead of 3 from the 1st round.
        You said he fought nobody outside Pac, you were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          You said he fought nobody outside Pac, you were wrong.
          you can do the same to pacquiao recent resume
          diaz who?
          delahoya who just looked like **** against forbes?
          cotto after alot of people thought he just lost to clottey?
          clottey who just loss?
          margarito who was suspended for a year ?

Comment

i think Pactards did more to hurt Pacquiao's legacy than they did to help it lol....cuz some of the hate I read on this board about Pac is wild....

Comment

Originally posted by Primera
              I'm no pac-tard it's just pretty obvious he's top 10.
              I clearly state that fighting Clottey, Margarito and Mosley does not put you in the Top 10 no matter who you are. I was referencing that those guys did nothing for him.

It's what Pac perviously did like fighting Cotto, JMM III and Bradley that has him in the Top 10.. but not the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                This is not even debatable. Martinez is right about Pacquiao being out of the top 5. But I only disagree with him saying he's #2. I think Mayweather and Ward are interchangeably the 1 and 2 spots. I would say Martinez is #3.
                #2 and #3 are interchangeable.

But I perfectly understand if you have Ward at #2. I have Martinez at 2 but agree with anyone if they said Ward was #2. Nobody can touch the top 3 guys right now, nor can they argue that someone else should be in their place.

Comment

The Pacquaio fans won't like this

Comment

Why is it so important for Sergio to trash Pacquiao all the time? I don't think Pacquiao ever said a bad word about him. He blows his own horn way to much. If he is good enough everyone will have him #1 or #2 soon. I hope Chavez shuts his big mouth and then he won't need to worry so much about the pfp. rankings. He is a wonderful fighter inside the ring so I am not disrespecting him. I just wish he would leave the pfp. stuff to others. He may be the #2 best fighter in the world but let others say it.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Why is it so important for Sergio to trash Pacquiao all the time? I don't think Pacquiao ever said a bad word about him. He blows his own horn way to much. If he is good enough everyone will have him #1 or #2 soon. I hope Chavez shuts his big mouth and then he won't need to worry so much about the pfp. rankings. He is a wonderful fighter inside the ring so I am not disrespecting him. I just wish he would leave the pfp. stuff to others. He may be the #2 best fighter in the world but let others say it.

Comment

Working...
                      X