No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez : "I'm number 2 P4P behind Floyd, Pacquiao is not top 5"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Why is it so important for Sergio to trash Pacquiao all the time? I don't think Pacquiao ever said a bad word about him. He blows his own horn way to much. If he is good enough everyone will have him #1 or #2 soon. I hope Chavez shuts his big mouth and then he won't need to worry so much about the pfp. rankings. He is a wonderful fighter inside the ring so I am not disrespecting him. I just wish he would leave the pfp. stuff to others. He may be the #2 best fighter in the world but let others say it.

Comment

Wlad and Ward are the kings right now, to hell with everybody else
      Pac just got his 1st big win in 2 1/2 yrs
      Floyd was out for 18 months, then beat Ortiz and Cotto
      JMM lost to Pac again, and cried about it again
      Martinez had 2 good wins a couple yrs ago

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        The Pacquaio fans won't like this
        Sergio can say whatever he wants, I don't agree but I'd have more of a problem if Pac hadn't wasted two years of his career. Bradley was the first fight I could be proud of him fighting since Cotto, so I don't get that mad when people want to drop him down their p4p list.

That being said, Pac is still one of the two or three best fighters on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Why is it so important for Sergio to trash Pacquiao all the time? I don't think Pacquiao ever said a bad word about him. He blows his own horn way to much. If he is good enough everyone will have him #1 or #2 soon. I hope Chavez shuts his big mouth and then he won't need to worry so much about the pfp. rankings. He is a wonderful fighter inside the ring so I am not disrespecting him. I just wish he would leave the pfp. stuff to others. He may be the #2 best fighter in the world but let others say it.
          You have to see things from a fighters point of view. They work incredibly hard so if someone receives more praise for achieving less in the ring it is probably frustrating.

I agree with Martinez so far as thinking Pacquiao is not inside the top 5 however I disagree with Martinez thinking he is inside the top 5. Off the top of my head, Mayweather, Ward, Donaire, Wlad are fighters I would place ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            I clearly state that fighting Clottey, Margarito and Mosley does not put you in the Top 10 no matter who you are. I was referencing that those guys did nothing for him.

It's what Pac perviously did like fighting Cotto, JMM III and Bradley that has him in the Top 10.. but not the top 5.
            How about Dzinziruk, Barker and Macklin, where does that put you?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              You have to see things from a fighters point of view. They work incredibly hard so if someone receives more praise for achieving less in the ring it is probably frustrating.

I agree with Martinez so far as thinking Pacquiao is not inside the top 5 however I disagree with Martinez thinking he is inside the top 5. Off the top of my head, Mayweather, Ward, Donaire, Wlad are fighters I would place ahead of him.
              No way is Donaire higher up than Pacquiao. You could make an argument for the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                That's a nice picture of yourself.

Comment

Pacquiao, nor Donaire, deserve a spot on the top 5 P4P lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                    Originally posted by FeFist View Post

I see what you mean. If Martinez has a good win over Chavez he should get more praise from everyone and if Pacquiao can't score a clear win over Bradley or Marquez in his next fight he won't be on many top 5 pfp. lists. You can make a strong case for Martinez, Ward, Donaire, or Vlad being #2 or #3, that's why pfp is just about opinions. I agree with the majority that Mayweather is #1 until someone beats him. Even Martinez thinks so.

Comment

it's fine that Sergio feels this way. As he should.

as far as the fans are concerned, though...its been 2 years now and i've yet to hear a solid case for Martinez even being top 4 p4p....yet these same dudes somehow find theory after theory supporting their argument for Pacquiao not even being in the top 5

What am I missing? Serious question.

Comment

Working...
                      X