No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: Boxing’s ‘Can Man’ Basking In The Glow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primera
    Now stop acting as if Broner didn't say racist things towards Mexicans.
    Exactly. By universally accepted definitions, Broner in 2-3 different statements made racial slurs. He made an inferior reference to Mexicans as well as a burrito connotation. NOT acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
      So I took your advice and typed "Adrien Broner Racist." First entry:
      "N***ER BOXER RACIST TOWARDS MEXICAN BOXERS"

Gotta love the irony.

I remember during the initial press conference for the Perez fight, he commented that Perez - who was fairly chunky at the time - looked like he'd been eating too much burritos or something to that effect. I agree that the comment was pretty f'd up, but Perez himself laughed it off and shot back that Italian is his favorite.
      That's the only thing he said that got any, attention.

I personally saw the racial slurs from his twitter. Who cares about a burrito stereotype?
      Refering to us as wetbacks and beaners is what we found offensive. That and when he implied we were inferior people.

Other posters from boxingscene saw it aswell. If I remember correctly Earner saw the tweets

Comment

[QUOTE=Primera;12356325]He also had twitter rants and youtube videos but Golden Boy cleaned up most of his mess.QUOTE]They had to pull his internet rant video with racial slurs. Those links are now "cannot find page" errors.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Refering to us as wetbacks and beaners is what we found offensive. That and when he implied we were inferior people.
          I feel bad for anyone who had to hear him say that. That kind of thing cannot be tollerated.

Comment

OK he missed weight for his last fight in that Division...SO!

As for the Racist **** lol at people on this forum screaming racism but they post borderline racist stuff on this forum on a daily basis

if Mexicans got a problem with Broner let one of them Mexican Fighters get into the Ring with him and try to Knock Him Out and shut him up, stop being so fukin sensitive over a comment about fukin Burritos...REALLY? I have seen him say far worse about Lundy on his twitter, called him UGLY, called his girlfriend Ugly, told him he "You Been On ESPN Longer Then Sportscenter" (lol OK that was actually funny)

but come on if you don't like Broner then fine but some of you are REACHING with your HATE

and I seen the video of his youtube RANT, wasn't not racial slur, his exact quote "THEN YOU HAVE THIS BEAN BURRITO EATING DUDE ELOY PEREZ CALLING OUT, WHO YOU GOING TO BEAT WITH 6 Knock Outs" and he also bashed Lundy and Burns (for ducking him)
            Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Beef CAN, ravioli CAN, bean CAN, they all CAN get it!

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                OK he missed weight for his last fight in that Division...SO!

As for the Racist **** lol at people on this forum screaming racism but they post borderline racist stuff on this forum on a daily basis

if Mexicans got a problem with Broner let one of them Mexican Fighters get into the Ring with him and try to Knock Him Out and shut him up, stop being so fukin sensitive over a comment about fukin Burritos...REALLY? I have seen him say far worse about Lundy on his twitter, called him UGLY, called his girlfriend Ugly, told him he "You Been On ESPN Longer Then Sportscenter" (lol OK that was actually funny)

but come on if you don't like Broner then fine but some of you are REACHING with your HATE

and I seen the video of his youtube RANT, wasn't not racial slur, his exact quote "THEN YOU HAVE THIS BEAN BURRITO EATING DUDE ELOY PEREZ CALLING OUT, WHO YOU GOING TO BEAT WITH 6 Knock Outs" and he also bashed Lundy and Burns (for ducking him)
                Sounds like the CHUMP, dosent make It, in BOXING,
                Hell do well in Comedy......The NEW Redd Foxx!!!

Comment

Burritos aint even real Mexican food anyway

but nah, if Broner really did say those things tho, about Mexicans being inferior and even calling us 'wetb@cks', then there really should be a bigger outcry.

If a Mexican fighter referred to black people as ******s it certainly would produce an outcry.

And yes, wetb@ck is on the same level as ****** and sp1c.

Edit: look at how ****** is entirely cesnored but yet you can say wetb@ck and sp1c. I replaced the i in the N word with 1. smh

double standards yall, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                    i guess thats what happens when your too brave for your own good...
                    No that's what happens when you over do taking the PED's like Vargas was doing

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                      Burritos aint even real Mexican food anyway

but nah, if Broner really did say those things tho, about Mexicans being inferior and even calling us 'wetb@cks', then there really should be a bigger outcry.

If a Mexican fighter referred to black people as ******s it certainly would produce an outcry.

And yes, wetb@ck is on the same level as ****** and sp1c.

Edit: look at how ****** is entirely cesnored but yet you can say wetb@ck and sp1c. I replaced the i in the N word with 1. smh

double standards yall, just saying.
                      Show me where Broner said those things. He said everyone CAN get it. Mexicans, Africans, Puerto Ricans, Americans, Dominicans! You sorry asses that's saying he's racist are only jealous because he has the damn skills to back it up and whoever your sorry ass fighter is whether it be Mexicans, Africans, Puerto Ricans, Americans, Dominicans and Jamaicans can't handle him and will get thoroughly embarrassed. Stop all the hatred because he has skills and you don't like it

Comment

Working...
                      X