Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch vs Oosthuizen Title Clash in Play For November

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be a possible 3 belt unification against Kessler could it all come together,I'd imagine Ward would have an interest in the winner of that showdown.

Comment

I've not seen him fight so can't really comment on his quality, but I do think that if they're going to face a guy who is good but not a big name they should consider Stevenson. Reason being, they're going to have to fight him once he becomes mandatory in a month or so, so maybe they can ask the IBF if they can face him now and have it count as a mandatory, leaving Froch free to fight whoever he chooses in the future.

Comment

Tommy is from the same country as I am so I've basically seen all of his fights and how he has grown. This fight is a bit too early for him, he has tremendous height but the prob is that he hasn't utilized his height well enough yet, he still needs to learn how to use the jab more effectively and keep range. His handlers wer talking about mayb fighting Froch next year but now I see they wana make it this year already. Tommy's chin hasn't really been tested, I hope he doesn't get bute'd

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Dutch-South African genes, the Netherlands has the tallest people in the world (average height for all adults is 6'1)
          I don't know the stats but Dutch & Croats are usually tall.

Comment

Originally posted by maenyfresh View Post
            Tommy is from the same country as I am so I've basically seen all of his fights and how he has grown. This fight is a bit too early for him, he has tremendous height but the prob is that he hasn't utilized his height well enough yet, he still needs to learn how to use the jab more effectively and keep range. His handlers wer talking about mayb fighting Froch next year but now I see they wana make it this year already. Tommy's chin hasn't really been tested, I hope he doesn't get bute'd
            I've only watched him once (on an undercard I think), and he seemed to have a good work-rate. How is his power at 168lbs? does he have heavy hands in comparison to Froch?

Comment

Yeah a little early for Tommy, but I actually like this fight better than Froch/Pavlik (Kelly has looked garbage since Hopkins.)

Comment

does bute still get a froch redo if he loses his next fight?

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                  does bute still get a froch redo if he loses his next fight?
                  No he needs to win to be in top 5 so he can fight against Froch,thus the reason he wasn't allowed too originally afterwards.

Comment

Good fight, Oosthuizen will bring it to Froch. Tall southpaw volume puncher with speed, he's like a white Paul Williams.

Comment

Fantastic fight! This is really high-risk, low reward for Froch because no one outside of the hardcore fans really have any idea who Oosthuizen is. If Tommy's chin holds up, I definitely see this being a war! Seriously though, what is going on with Kessler? Is he planning on staying at LHW?

Comment

Working...
                      X