Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pernell whitaker vs floyd mayweather jr. Who wins & why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    i agree with everything here, except that, the higher the weight, the more whitaker would expose the fact that, floyd mayweather, ring iq and all, lacks the great competition that he would need, to beat a fighter as savvy as the 147 lb version of pernell...

i think after 8, 9 rounds, pernell's experience would just take over...when pernell makes floyd miss with that predictable jab to the chest, jab to the chest, then go upstairs, what does floyd do?...pernell's got him frustrated...pernell frustrated everybody...i mean everybody..and he would just start walking him down, past the 8th or 9th round....
    Many people forget that Sweet Pea was of a different breed...The guy was p4p the best at it during his time in the ring and made opponents look bad in the ring. That round against De La Hoya where Whitaker dodged like seven punches in a row still sticks in my head.

I have to favor Whitaker in this matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      sweet pea beat odh IMO. the scores vs felix were a little wide for me but Felix won easily.
      I had it even. I think De La Hoya-Whitaker is an absolute nightmare to score.

Comment

Sweet Pea by decision..... His jab and work rate would carry the day

Comment

Originally posted by boxingon View Post
          George Benton would have dissected Floyd and had Sweet Pea implement it.

Comment

please. sweat pea got the talent , skills and actual ATG resume to back it up.

Honestly i dont see floyd signing to fight pernell.

Comment

At 135, I like Whitaker. Too much jabs and footwork; Mayweather would have been a step behind all night. At 147, it's a lot closer.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                At 135, I like Whitaker. Too much jabs and footwork; Mayweather would have been a step behind all night. At 147, it's a lot closer.
                I agree with his.

I think it would still be competitive at 135 but I lean quite heavily on Whitaker.

Comment

pretty sure floyd beat hiss ass multiple times in sparring before floyd was even a pro.

Comment

This would be the equivalent of a "defensive struggle" in an American football game.

Defense does great, offense doesn't produce much.

Comment

The people implying that Whitaker had a low work rate or use to run haven't watched him, Whitaker stood in front of Chavez and easily outfought him on the inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X