My boy AK will be back!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ma51f View Post
    I think he needs a fresh start.

The rematch in UK has been confirmed by garcia camp.

New trainer- not blaming roach but obviously something is working as he's the same fighter making same mistakes 2years ago.
    Article on here saying they won't entertain a rematch?

Comment

Khan will be back but if it is just an extension of the past spin and bluster and careful matchmaking he won't achieve what he is capable of. I don't see him leaving Roach which he really should do but if he is joint trained by Roach and Hopkins who would teach him how to fight on the inside and think it could work. But Khan is thick and getting a good defence and inside fighting skills woven in on an instinctive basis is a big ask and could take years. It is hard to teach old dogs new tricks and lets face it Roach has had him for ages and has never fixed his defensive flaws.He needs to shut up trying to be a star learn his trade and become a complete fighter and then he will be a star. Personally I don't see it happening.

Comment

I've never been a Khan fan as such, I'll always support him when he fights because he's British.

But after last night I think I'm done with him. He is so frustrating to watch at times because he just looks like a lost sheep once he gets hit and does all the wrong things. He's got the talent there but he'll never maximise it because he doesn't have the boxing IQ to do so.

He'll come back with some good wins over decent competition but whenever he challenges for 'one of the best in the division', he'll come up short.

Comment

Comment

He has a long way to go to come back. At this point he has to show it, no more benefit of the doubt that his physical ability means he will be a great fighter at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              I've never been a Khan fan as such, I'll always support him when he fights because he's British.

But after last night I think I'm done with him. He is so frustrating to watch at times because he just looks like a lost sheep once he gets hit and does all the wrong things. He's got the talent there but he'll never maximise it because he doesn't have the boxing IQ to do so.

He'll come back with some good wins over decent competition but whenever he challenges for 'one of the best in the division', he'll come up short.
              Yup. Khan is exciting to watch but he doesn't have the ring IQ there. He doesn't know how to defend himself and deal with being hurt. You get that feeling everytime he is hurt, he's one more shot away from being put away...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                He has a long way to go to come back. At this point he has to show it, no more benefit of the doubt that his physical ability means he will be a great fighter at some point.
                Very true, I mean his footwork for one is ****e.

Comment

khan aint coming back unless he changes trainers
                  but will that change his ring IQ, stop making him rush in, never know
                  Oh well

WAR GARCIA

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                    He's done it before he will do it again. Showed his heart as always and his speed I'd just wish he would grow a brain in the ring. Keeps dropping his right and vulnerable to the left as seen last night and against Prescott.

Naive tactics and complacency cost him dear last night.

Get some rest recover up and come back stronger
                    Money rough night for ya boy bro..He can come back,but I think he might have to come back with a new trainer..I mean Roach was non existent in the corner last night...Also the game plan,what the hell was that??To stand and trade with a fighter that's only hope is for you to trade with him??He fought right into Garcia's strengths..Damn Khan...

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                      I keel thinking back to ringside when his S&C coach said to him just box if you box they can't get near you and khan replied with 'but that would be boring'.

Yeah I guess it's fun getting KO'd again

Khan is a showman.

He always gives me my money's worth.

It's exciting for us as fans when he engages.

Comment

Working...
                      X