No announcement yet.

Stallone's Son Found Dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    I don't understand why people feel the need to lie. The death of Sage Stallone is hardly groundbreaking news. It gains interest here because most people are interested.
    It's in one of the front pages of yahoo and other websites. There are kids in the world, specially in Africa getting their limbs cut off and the media ignores it most of the time. Yet this idiot decides to pop a couple of pills and dies from it and it's a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Yes this does have to do with boxing. The son of an actor who is in the Boxing HOF in the non-fighting section is dead. Just say RIP and move on. It's classless to come in here to say anything else. Just don't come in at all.
      No, it really DOESN'T.

Full respect to SS, but this should be in the boxing lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
        No, Silvester brought a lot to the boxing world, not his son.

It's sad to lose a loved one but this has nothing to do with boxing.
        All of your post are garbage and worthless. And I do mean all. You're one of the last people who should come in here lecturing anybody on what they should post.

Comment

I posted this news because Sage was the son of a man who is inextricably connected to boxing, despite not being a boxer himself. I thought most people here would care to know of the younger Stallone’s passing, and the exposure to the news would be greatest on NSB.

I know nothing about Sylvester's son except the little that's been reported about him. I've seen nothing that indicates he doesn't deserve some respect in death. I don't think anyone here can make an educated argument to the contrary.

I could never imagine that this thread would turn into a mean-spirited and misguided philosophical debate on who is worthy of a death announcement and who isn't.

Those who believe Sage's passing should go unnoticed or hidden away somewhere else should've displayed minimal class and prudence and allowed those who care to pay their respects unbothered. The thread would've faded away soon enough, without any unnecessary disrespect.

RIP Sage Stallone.

Comment

Crazy. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
              Was thinking the same thing. This does not belong here at all.
              Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
              has absolutely nothing to do with boxing. Rocky V was terrible.
              eat a **** mans son died.stallone brought many people to boxing show some damn respect

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Those who believe Sage's passing should go unnoticed or hidden away somewhere else should've displayed minimal class and prudence and allowed those who care to pay their respects unbothered. The thread would've faded away soon enough, without any unnecessary disrespect.

RIP Sage Stallone.
                RIP, true.

But it's not disrespectful to point out (politely, anyway) that this thread belongs in the Boxing Scene Lounge, not NSB.

That's not "hidden away"... that's posted in a lounge for non-boxing discussion. Which this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  It's in one of the front pages of yahoo and other websites. There are kids in the world, specially in Africa getting their limbs cut off and the media ignores it most of the time. Yet this idiot decides to pop a couple of pills and dies from it and it's a big deal.
                  Its a big deal because we know who he was. We remember the movie he was in. We know Sly and sympathize with him for his loss. It doesn't matter how his son died, even if he killed himself, Sly is going through the worst nightmare he could ever imagine. If your son (if you have one) died, you would know how it feels. You can't judge a man you don't know. Things happen in life starting from childhood that can affect our lives in a negative way, maybe you would never take drugs, but maybe also you were raised better and able to make better decisions because of it. Maybe your parents did a much better job raising you than his did. This is exactly why only God can judge a person for their sins. You just see one part of his life (taking drugs) and judge his entire life on that alone. That is a huge mistake. What if all the good he ever did completely out did the bad 10 to 1? But you wouldn't know that, because you don't know him. Really dude, think about how ignorant you sound by making these statements.

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
                    eat a **** mans son died.stallone brought many people to boxing show some damn respect
                    Exactly! When I was 8 years old, Rocky was my favorite movie. When I was 12, I saw Tyson fight for the first time and had to watch his fights after that. I credit both of them getting me into boxing. Lots of people were brought into boxing by the Rocky movies. They didn't induct him into the boxing hall of fame for nothing. He contributed more to this sport than any of us posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                      Exactly! When I was 8 years old, Rocky was my favorite movie. When I was 12, I saw Tyson fight for the first time and had to watch his fights after that. I credit both of them getting me into boxing. Lots of people were brought into boxing by the Rocky movies. They didn't induct him into the boxing hall of fame for nothing. He contributed more to this sport than any of us posting here.
                      You're talking about Slyvester right, because his son had nothing to do with boxing other than make a small appearance in Rocky 5 which was the worst one of the series.

Comment

Working...
                      X