No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Amir Khan, Danny Garcia Hit The Mandalay Bay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahm2791 View Post
    Reebok deal expired in December of last year, he's pushing out his own "AK" brand.
    Apologies, I stand corrected. Not sure what the score is but still having Reebok attire surely means there is some kind of sponsorship/financial gain for AK?

Unless he just has a major liking of their gear lol

Comment

Originally posted by KRISTLEE View Post
      Apologies, I stand corrected. Not sure what the score is but still having Reebok attire surely means there is some kind of sponsorship/financial gain for AK?

Unless he just has a major liking of their gear lol
      I dont know the ins and outs of his deal but im pretty sure once its expired the money stops coming, so if he's still wearing some of his old gear its just because he has quite a lot of it and maybe doesn't want it all to go to waste.

According to the this article dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2089673/Charles-Sale-FA-turmoil-reform-demands.html , Reebok offered him a new deal for less money but he rejected it.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
        Dude showed up in a t-shirt and shorts.
        I wasn't aware V-necks were an east coast thing either...
        Originally posted by mathed View Post

His chin looks weak or he looks drawn or something. I could see him getting ko'd again from a flush shot at some point.
        I wasn't aware you can judge someone's chin from a pic. I need to make up that 50M you Arum stole from me. Wanna do 100M bet? I got Khan.
        Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
        Also, since when is there Khan Promotions? Too many individual boxers think they can be promoters, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
        So you rather have these guys sign with a promoter and get shafted? Actually, I was gonna say Im glad some of these guys are doing their own promoting and realizing they don't need these shady ass promoters.

Comment

García será noqueado.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            So you rather have these guys sign with a promoter and get shafted? Actually, I was gonna say Im glad some of these guys are doing their own promoting and realizing they don't need these shady ass promoters.
            But how many of these guys know how to promote? Promoting is more then being in front of the camera and all,there's probably 1001 things about promoting that you or I know nothing about...promoting I would imagine is pretty stressful, and if not done correctly, could prolly cut a hole in your wallet.

I think the problem is everyone sees how well Floyd Mayweather is doing and how much he's making and are trying it out for themselves...but everyone's not in the same situation that Floyd Mayweather is/was.

If done properly, I've got no problem with boxers also being promoters. I just don't want to see a boxer lose so much money by going in over his head that he becomes a Holyfield or a RJJjr and keep on boxing long past their expiration date.

I heard on Real Sports that 60% of pro athletes go broke and need to keep on playing or are trying to get back into the game, and its mainly because they buy too much, spend too much, or get in way over their heads. I'd rather not have active boxers become promoters if 60% of them are going to go broke cause of it.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              But how many of these guys know how to promote? Promoting is more then being in front of the camera and all,there's probably 1001 things about promoting that you or I know nothing about...promoting I would imagine is pretty stressful, and if not done correctly, could prolly cut a hole in your wallet.

I think the problem is everyone sees how well Floyd Mayweather is doing and how much he's making and are trying it out for themselves...but everyone's not in the same situation that Floyd Mayweather is/was.

If done properly, I've got no problem with boxers also being promoters. I just don't want to see a boxer lose so much money by going in over his head that he becomes a Holyfield or a RJJjr and keep on boxing long past their expiration date.

I heard on Real Sports that 60% of pro athletes go broke and need to keep on playing or are trying to get back into the game, and its mainly because they buy too much, spend too much, or get in way over their heads. I'd rather not have active boxers become promoters if 60% of them are going to go broke cause of it.
              Well, if they dunno what they're doing then that's on them. But if they do know what they're doing, I rather see them do it themselves than signing to a promoter and geting shafted.

Comment

Originally posted by preyes120 View Post
                García será noqueado.
                Me equivoqué!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

His chin looks weak or he looks drawn or something. I could see him getting ko'd again from a flush shot at some point.
                  Um, nobody pointed out how spot on Mathed was, shame?

Comment

Working...
                  X