Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch: 'I haven't had the recognition I deserve' (good read)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the "when a person retires, he should stay retired" was funny, though. Considering he spent a lot of time trying to get Calzaghe out of retirement, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
      I thought the "when a person retires, he should stay retired" was funny, though. Considering he spent a lot of time trying to get Calzaghe out of retirement, lol.
      That's probably because he was trying so hard to get him when he wasn't in retirement as well.

Comment

He deserves much respect but at the end of the day, people think JC would have beaten him.

Also people wonder how Froch would have done against the likes of Eubank, Benn, and Watson rather than think Froch has a bette resume than them.

Comment

It's true...put him in a different color and he'd be an ATG by now.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              He said good things about him too.

I can see where he's coming from to be honest, all those guys he mentioned are much more recognised than him (Collins aside) yet many of them never consistently took on the best back to back.

It must be a kick in the teeth not to be asked to carry the Olympic torch, that's a pretty big thing at the moment.
              Whatever compliments were paid by Froch to Bute when he was talking about "He'll never fight again." and "I saw something go out of his eyes that only a great fighter like me can see blahbedeyblah..." , were pretty much self serving if I remember correctly. There was no magnanimity there.

I'm having trouble overcoming the impression that he's an @sshole. A very tough, determined @sshole, but an @sshole nonetheless and thus I just can't work up a tear for his self pity .

Having said all that, I'll probably still be rooting for Carl in the Bute rematch as I have even less affection for Lucian.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                It's true...put him in a different color and he'd be an ATG by now.
                If only he were Ricky Hatton's colour.

He might get some recognition like him then.

Comment

I've always thought of Carl as a nice bloke & a gentleman. He shows professionalism in being respective towards his opponents, that's what professional athletes should do. This is what I enjoy about Carl Froch & Mikkel Kessler, they both pay their respects and that's one of the reasons they both come up on my top 5 list of favorite fighters.

The sport of boxing needs more boxers like Carl, he fights anybody and his fighting record proves that.

I've always been a fan, but this just solidifies it for me - Carl you're one of the best.

Comment

I am glad some people on here agree and see that Froch is a legend in his own mind. The only thing Froch deserves some credit for is having a good chin and being willing to fight anyone, I give him that. I am sorry but I cannot believe anyone really thinks Froch has any natural ability or is a talented fighter, seriously? This guy has one of the worst skillsets I have seen at the elite level, really. He is slow, uncoordinated, has bad footwork, poor technique...really? C'mon people lol. Bute is by far, the shining moment of his entire career, I will give him that. Ward made a fool out of him in the ring, not just beat him, utterly schooled him. He lost 11.5 out of 12 rounds against Jermain Taylor. He was given a gift against Dirrell, he lost to Kessler, barely got by Johnson and beat a turtle in Abraham who did nothing but cover up. Froch is tough and has balls, but he is just not that skilled. Calzaghe would have slapped him around for 12 rounds without a doubt.

Comment

Anyone criticising froch needs to log off and join the tiddlywinks forum, because they now have no credibility. None

Comment

Working...
                      X