Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares on Donaire: He Got Hit A lot, We Want The Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything Mares can do, Donaire will do better. I still want to see the fight cause you never know...

Comment

Originally posted by ragingvic View Post
      Anything Mares can do, Donaire will do better. I still want to see the fight cause you never know...
      I hear Donaire's inside game is off the charts.

When was the last time someone had Donaire on the ropes and/or got hammered to the body?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        I hear Donaire's inside game is off the charts.

When was the last time someone had Donaire on the ropes and/or got hammered to the body?
        Dosent need an inside game against a slow ass Mares.
        Why would Donaire let anyone put him on the ropes?

Comment

I agree that Donaire wins. But that's not a reason to not make the fight.

Comment

Mares must not realize who promotes him, and who promotes Donaire.

Sorry, not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
              Out of all the big names at 122 Mares would be the last guy i'd pick to beat Donaire he's just not defensively adapt enough to avoid one of those huge hooks and would give Donaire plenty of opportunities
              mares cuts way too easily to beat donaire. every fight i see him in he takes a cut over his left eye. he tends to even it out by low blowing the other guy though...

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
              Rigo and Mares is the least deserving of a Donaire fight out of the 122 roster. That's just my opinion though. And they've done polls on ESPN Deportes and both Rigo and Mares are both on the bottom in terms of who the fans want to see Donaire fight.
              thats probably because no one wants to see mares land 25 low blows in a fight and pretend like they're body shots cuz i know i dont. and the last thing anyone wants to see is donaire fight rigo cuz they dont want to see donaire lose.

if this fight goes down, i dont see how mares can win unless he goes all russel mora agbeko on donaire and low blows him every other shot and get away with it. but even then, he'll be cut by the 3rd round as he's prone to do and donaire will finish him off.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingvic View Post
                Donaire would run through mares, he got hit a lot coming in against a taller dude w long arms, wont have that problem w mares.
                Explain why Wilfredo Vazquez Jr landed a lot on Donaire then? He landed 30% of his total punches, 34% of his power punches. He has short arms and is the same height as Donaire.

Donaire is a fraud. He will stay as far away as he can from Rigondeaux and Mares. And if Moreno goes up in weight, he will duck him too. Go for the older guys, Arce and Nishioka, who looked vulnerable in their last fight. That's the reason he fought Vazquez too, he had just been stopped by Arce. Man this guy is a P4P fraud. I wish when he goes up in weight, Gamboa would still be there and smack Donaire around. But then again, Donaire is already ducking MAres and Rigondeaux, so I don't know how he'd grow the balls to fight Gamboa. Probably goes for the stylistically easier fighters. Just like his homeboy Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
                  Mares must not realize who promotes him, and who promotes Donaire.

Sorry, not happening.
                  And Rigondeaux must not realize who promotes him, and who promotes Donaire. Oh wait, they have the same promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Explain why Wilfredo Vazquez Jr landed a lot on Donaire then? He landed 30% of his total punches, 34% of his power punches. He has short arms and is the same height as Donaire.
                    Actually, don't let Boxrec fool you. Vazquez is shorter than Donaire. Donaire is around 5'7" and not 5'5" how Boxrec says.

[IMG]http://******.craveonline.com/images/stories/2012/February/donairevazquezweighinface630.jpg[/IMG]

One can argue that the hat makes him look taller but the hat is flush on his head.

Comment

Well that didn't work but here you go:

Comment

Working...
                      X