Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares on Donaire: He Got Hit A lot, We Want The Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ragingvic View Post
    Donaire would run through mares, he got hit a lot coming in against a taller dude w long arms, wont have that problem w mares.
    Yeah,Like the way he ran thru wv2.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingvic View Post
      Donaire would run through mares, he got hit a lot coming in against a taller dude w long arms, wont have that problem w mares.

True but he also got hit consistently with WV2. Its a good fight none the less.

Comment

Rigo and Mares is the least deserving of a Donaire fight out of the 122 roster. That's just my opinion though. And they've done polls on ESPN Deportes and both Rigo and Mares are both on the bottom in terms of who the fans want to see Donaire fight.

Comment

mares is good,but i think he was better when he had berinstain in his corner,back then he didn't get hit that much and threw better combinations and countered more,now he's more aggressive which is fine but he kind of doesn't counter like he used to,just looks different now,early in his career he kind of reminded me of marquez when he threw his punches,just perfect the way he would throw combinations and move to the side

Comment

Good fight. I expect Donaire to win but I can see Mares outworking Donaire to win a decision.

Comment

Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
                Fight someone of relevance first, then maybe you'll get a shot.
                Mares competition has been more consistent than Donaire's... GTFO
                Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                Yeah,Like the way he ran thru wv2.
                And Narvaez and Mathebula...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  the tricky part will be getting out of the way of the power shots.
                  I think Mares got the chin for it. Thing that worries me is when he fought Morel his conditioning/stamina looked in bad shape. But I liked the way he boxed Morel in the earlier rounds till Morel was suckered into a brawl. Then Morel had more success in Mares' own game. Maybe it was cause of Mares' stamina .

Comment

Mares imo just isn't strong enough to beat Donaire. Mares is a young, cagey kid, but I don't think he can out box Donaire, or take his power.

Comment

Out of all the big names at 122 Mares would be the last guy i'd pick to beat Donaire he's just not defensively adapt enough to avoid one of those huge hooks and would give Donaire plenty of opportunities

Mares workrate and determination could make it interesting though

Comment

Working...
                      X