No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Thompson Early Results From Bern

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As expected

Thompson makes for an ugly fight, nice knockdown punch in round 5 by Wlad though. Thompson maybe won round 3 by controlling the "action" with his jab for the first minute or two otherwise he got stalked around the ring for most of the fight. Hope Vitali returns to his pre-Chisora form so we get a bit of action.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
      Shot? That is silly. He hasn't even been challenged in years. He is a flawed fighter in much the same fashion as lennox lewis was. Manny has crafted a strategy for both of them that hides their flaws and makes them very tough to beat. He'llnever be n exciting fighter because if he fights that style he's at risk and that isn't smart. Lennox was very similar--jab, jab, hold, wait til the other guy is about done then drop the hammer. That conservative style makes them unexciting but exceedingly hard to beat because of their size, unbelievable jabs and power.
      Yes, although when he was coming through he definitely took more risks though these were exploited by Sanders & Brewster, hence the change. You're dead right about Steward creating those tactics for him, exceedingly effective but deadly dull. Gotta say again, Thompson is pretty bad to watch too, worse than paint drying.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Why does Thompson always hold the back of his head when he goes down? He looks like he's about to take a nap.

LMAO, he did the same **** when he got KOed the first time....

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
          Haye is boring against much taller opponents, but I thought his fights against Barrett and Ruiz were entertaining, albeit both performances were very flawed. And he was entertaining as a cruiserweight. He throws combinations far more often than Wlad does, and against opponents who aren't a lot taller than he is, he takes a lot more risks than Wlad does. And both those things appeal to a lot of fight fans. But Haye refused to take any risks when he fought Wlad, and that made all his trash talking look rather pathetic.
          I personally believe that it was actually the effort of Ruiz that made that fight what it was. And that is not even taking into account that Haye had to cave the back of John's head in to get the win. Haye really should have been disqualified in that foul invested fight. As for the Fraudly, Valuev and Wlad fights are three were absolute stink fest.

Comment

hard 2 believe Thompson was the mandatory challenger in that he beat no1 ccredible 2 earn it...mayb we've seen the end of him... a joke of a bout...both Klitch's are heads above (no pun intended) the rest of the pretenders...

Comment

Thompson quit the first time he got hit clean...

After receiving that Klitschko right cross in the 5th, where he had a delayed reaction (my inkling is that he could've taken the shot without going to the canvas), he mentally checked out of the fight.

After that, it looked to be only a matter of when Wlad landed again, Thompson would proceed to do what he did and not want to fight anymore. You could hear it in Barry Hunter's voice during the minute break before the 6th and then see it on his face after the stoppage.

Comment

Wlad to fight the winner of Haye - Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                  Wlad to fight the winner of Haye - Chisora.
                  Only if Chisora wins. Nobody wants to see Wlad/Haye 2. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a teaspoon.

Comment

Wladimir "baddest man on the planet" Klitschko.

Let's appreciate this great champion while this godforsaken sport still has him.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Only if Chisora wins. Nobody wants to see Wlad/Haye 2. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a teaspoon.
                      That is some funny **** there! lol lol lmao lol lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X