Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik: I’m Treating This Fight Like A World Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik: I’m Treating This Fight Like A World Title Shot

By Jake Donovan - Kelly Pavlik knew how much to apply in the ring for each of his two comeback fights this year.

His two round blitzing of Aaron Jaco this past March – his first fight in nearly 11 months – was all about letting the world know that he was back and taking the game seriously. Last month’s showing against Scott Sigmon was all about getting in some rounds and having fun, something that has been a new experience for the former middleweight champ.

The past several years have been rough on Pavlik (39-2, 34KO). A 2 ½ year stay as lineal middleweight king – met with criticism throughout – came to an end in April ’10, followed by a pair of stints in rehab for alcohol abuse. Intertwined with the series of downfalls was a false sense of entitlement, evidence that Pavlik was a long way from his happy place.

It’s a much different tale these days. Gone is the bitter, angry ex-champion stuck in a time warp. Today’s version is happier, enjoying life and the sport that made him rich and famous. This weekend is the biggest step back in his comeback tour, returning to HBO airwaves for the first time since his title loss to Sergio Martinez in April ’10. [Click Here To Read More]

Couldn't care less about this boozed up has been

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
      Then why comment? Some people smh

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
        The booze comments are old ready...I guess you live a perfect life and have no issues in your personal life? Grow up and worry about your own problems, not Kelly's. We are all sinful humans.

Comment

If Pavlik looks like his old self again - the fight that needs to be made later this year is Pavlik Froch.........

Comment

Kelly Pavlik will have to return to rare form to win this fight. I'm not saying he has to be the Pavlik that stopped Taylor to win the MW strap but he better atleast be somewhere close or he could find himself getting upset.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
              Kelly Pavlik will have to return to rare form to win this fight. I'm not saying he has to be the Pavlik that stopped Taylor to win the MW strap but he better atleast be somewhere close or he could find himself getting upset.
              Agreed, but i think Kelly is very serious about this fight. I can't wait. A Pavlik fight is always exciting to watch either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub Baal View Post
                If Pavlik looks like his old self again - the fight that needs to be made later this year is Pavlik Froch.........

This would be a barbarner for however long it would last.

Comment

Originally posted by tennesseeboy View Post
                  This would be a barbarner for however long it would last.
                  They both've got granite chins, I wouldn't be surprised if it went the distance.....

But yeah, this would be a fight of the year kind of fight - the kind of fight that would need a rematch, a trilogy.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub Baal View Post
                    They both've got granite chins, I wouldn't be surprised if it went the distance.....

But yeah, this would be a fight of the year kind of fight - the kind of fight that would need a rematch, a trilogy.......
                    lol, Pavlik would be ****ing ruined by the midway point of the first fight.

some people.

Comment

Working...
                    X