No announcement yet.

canelo KILLS lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
    i had the fight 6-4 for Molina, that leaves space for any swing round to be scored towards Lara making it a draw. Teddy Atlas who was doing the commentating had that fight a draw as well leading up to the decision, still suspecting that Molina might've pulled an upset.

Molina won that fight imo. But it wasn't a convincing victory, and that fight, to me, didn't say much about either fighter except they are both very difficult to look good against. Lara was gun-shy/stagnant and extremely one-dimensional in that fight. Molina went in, put the pressure on early, began getting picked apart by some counters in the mid rounds and made a very solid push at the end. The gold in Molina's work that fight was the body work that he was relentless in, much of it that wasn't even clean.

It wasn't a good fight nor was it exciting. I would like to see a rematch and made a thread about it a month or two back.
    I guess if you give every swing round to Lara you can have it a draw, but I just don't see the point in a re-match. I don't think anything is going to change. Molina is just going to defend the straight left and outbox Lara from the inside. Lara hasn't really shown he can make adjustments....or atleast he hasn't been forced to show us yet.

Both guys should move on. I'd like to see Molina fight someone like Trout or K9. He deserves a title shot, IMO. And I think a purse bid for Lara-Vanes is coming up. That should be a good fight, if it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
      I guess if you give every swing round to Lara you can have it a draw, but I just don't see the point in a re-match. I don't think anything is going to change. Molina is just going to defend the straight left and outbox Lara from the inside. Lara hasn't really shown he can make adjustments....or atleast he hasn't been forced to show us yet.

Both guys should move on. I'd like to see Molina fight someone like Trout or K9. He deserves a title shot, IMO. And I think a purse bid for Lara-Vanes is coming up. That should be a good fight, if it happens.

Not at all, I favored Molina's style in that fight. Watching it, it was hard not to. But Molina definitely didn't give Lara a boxing lesson, son. In fact, the only reason that Lara took those 4 rounds is because when he finally DID decide to exchange with Molina, he was getting the best of him. When Molina was getting hit, he was getting hit clear, clean, effective & hard.

If Lara decides to be more active, that fight looks completely different to me. And by the looks of every fight he's had since Molina, I think he's gotten the picture. One thing we definitely do agree on though, is that although Lara is a technician, he is a very limited one.

Molina is a much more complete boxer. The difference is, everything Molina does, he does good. The few things Lara does, he does great.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
        Not at all, I favored Molina's style in that fight. Watching it, it was hard not to. But Molina definitely didn't give Lara a boxing lesson, son. In fact, the only reason that Lara took those 4 rounds is because when he finally DID decide to exchange with Molina, he was getting the best of him. When Molina was getting hit, he was getting hit clear, clean, effective & hard.

If Lara decides to be more active, that fight looks completely different to me. And by the looks of every fight he's had since Molina, I think he's gotten the picture. One thing we definitely do agree on though, is that although Lara is a technician, he is a very limited one.

Molina is a much more complete boxer. The difference is, everything Molina does, he does good. The few things Lara does, he does great.
        I guess that is where we look at things differently. When I saw Lara catching Molina and letting his hands go, I just saw it as Molina taking his foot off the gas in the middle rounds and conserving some energy for the later rounds...Which he ended up winning decisively.

I'm not gonna lie though, I do tend to be biased towards inside fighting/pressure fighters...So it could just be me that thought of it that way.

Comment

• i completely agree with ts

Comment

• canelo would beat the brakes off that lara kid,

Comment

• Originally posted by 915angel View Post
              martinez/willams was another one but also pavlik/martinez went the full 12 and it was a non title bout
              You just prove you dont know what you are talking about. Pavlik/Martinez was for the WBC, WBO middleweight titles. I believe also the Ring and Lineal champ. I cant believe no other one point out that absurd comment.

Before that you call Cliff Rold a troll when he is a boxing journalist.

How Canelo kills Lara if he cant even hit him? He is too slow on his feet for Lara. Watch more boxing. Apparently you and lots of Lara haters only seen his last fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                You just prove you dont know what you are talking about. Pavlik/Martinez was for the WBC, WBO middleweight titles. I believe also the Ring and Lineal champ. I cant believe no other one point out that absurd comment.

Before that you call Cliff Rold a troll when he is a boxing journalist.

How Canelo kills Lara if he cant even hit him? He is too slow on his feet for Lara. Watch more boxing. Apparently you and lots of Lara haters only seen his last fight.
                ok simple mistake sorry will take it like a man but why wasnt forbes/delayhoya 10 rounds it wasnt for a title?

Comment

• no way
                  Alvarez would get dizzy fighting Lara
                  Lara can move and hit better than any Alvarez opponent
                  he has a decent punch too, and he'll land often on Alvarez
                  not like Canelo has no chance at all, but Lara beats him

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    no way
                    Alvarez would get dizzy fighting Lara
                    Lara can move and hit better than any Alvarez opponent
                    he has a decent punch too, and he'll land often on Alvarez
                    not like Canelo has no chance at all, but Lara beats him
                    bump even though canelo is fighting a 140'lber i think he still cleans the floor with lara

Comment

• Canelo gains nothing making unknown Lara his ***** might as well fight a taxi driver.

Boxing is a business.

Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X