Collapse
No announcement yet.

The top 5 reasons Vitaly doesn't belong in the HOF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my top 10, does anyone really think Vitaly belongs amongst these names?

10. Marciano
    9. Holyfield
    8. Liston
    7. Tyson
    6. Foreman
    5. Lewis
    4. Johnson
    3. Holmes
    2. Ali
    1. Louis

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      My man, this is the reality of how everyone but a nuthugger with an agenda to suit his argument judges fighters and their overall careers. You want to change that so it fits your points.

And you anyone else who calls me a hater can have at it. I give the Klits plenty of credit, but that conveniently overlooked because I choose to have a more realistic opinionthan guys who just wish to falsely blow up accomplishment with meaningless stats that don't tell the whole story. It would be like me just saying "tko 6" and that is the end of the story for the Lewis fight.

I'm getting out of work shortly, maybe when I get home I'll decimate the rest of your post.

By the way......TKO 6!!
      You got jokes at work.. JABS? i'M HERE to tell you that the normal criteria sucks for juding & evaluating fighters. In any other sport.. resumes aren't derived in such fashion.. If we were to do the same in BASKETBALL.. we'd discover that Michael Jordan NEVER FACED 98% of what historians would term alltime great basketball players... MJ was 1-3 vs the Bad Boys... he was 0-2 vs Bird INCLUDING 2 3 game sweeps.. Does that mean Bird was better than him? He never faced HAKEEM in the finals either WHEN hakeem was the ONLY known champion other than him in that 8 yr span of two 3 peats.

You can't be penalized for the era you're in when you're clearly an alltime great heavyweight..essentially what you're all saying is that Vitali ducked every great heavyweight boxer of the past century except for Lewis.... This is what you ALL are saying but are all wording it in a way that for boxing anyway is politically correct.

What don't you get about it NOT being Vitali's fault for not facing all of the fighters that were supposedly according to everyone supposed to enhance his body of work. You can ONLY gauge accurately a fighter's worth by what he does in the ring & how he handles his opponents.. IF you guys did this.. you'd ONLY come up with one conclusion & that he's the best heavyweight or at the very least the most dominant heavy of alltime..

You GUYS CAN'T EVEN admit that he's clearly been the most dominant regardless of who he's faced because to admit this is to undermine your beliefs in a how a fighter is supposed to be judged.. SO you come up with H2H scenarios & give Vitali his due in a backhanded fashion. In one regard you're penalizing Vitali for not having faced a Frazier or a Foreman But then praise him by saying he'd be a nightmare for both alltime greats. You're already giving him the L when THE record is neutral for a Vitali/ Joe LOUIS match up... Or Vitali vs Prime Tyson or Holyfield.. The past greats are RECEIVING full credit while Vitali is getting no credit at all.. yet it's a complete & utter 50/50 matchup before the first bell has sounded.

ALL these greats can ONLY dream about KNOCKING vITALI out or outboxing him yet you've ALREADY put IT on there alltime great resumes as having already done so.. The fact that all these alltime great heavyweights of the past have either been outboxed... knocked down & or legitimately beaten.. something that has NEVER even remotely come close to an occurence or reality in A Vk BOUT makes it even more of an obvious attempt at grasping at straws..

I see right through all of this.... YOU'RE infested so you can't really see what i'm telling you but understand you can poke fun at me all you want... Deep down you all know I GET it... otherwise i wouldn't be so adamant about it..... just food for thought my friend & as for you giving Vitali comps while tearing him down... that's like a guy hitting his girlfriend almost every other day but althewhile telling her that he loves her just to soften the blow.. You're a hater of Vitali Klitschko.. I'M A luver of him... as soon as we can admit this we can proceed honestly... kapish.

Comment

Here is my top 10, does anyone really think Vitaly belongs amongst these names?

10. Marciano
        9. Holyfield
        8. Liston
        7. Tyson
        6. Foreman
        5. Lewis
        4. Johnson
        3. Holmes
        2. Ali
        1. Louis

Hell no.

I do disagree with the placement of Holyfield and Tyson, though.

Vitali is perhaps a top 20 HW.

Comment

• One more thing... These past alltime greats who faced all these great names.. It was in therre control to do so... THEY were in the right place at the right time. Vitali has no control over not facing names that you deem are worthy to enhance resume... so penalizing someone for not being able to do so through no fault of his own is not logical. When this faulty matchmaking occurs in differing eras.. you can ONLY go by what you see & what the fighter has done with all the cards he was dealt.. YOU go ON PERFORMANCE.. skill.. talent.. how much better he was than his opponent.. You base it on what has occurred in the ring.. not on what could've never occurred because of a birth certifcate.. Just like in other sports .. it's impossible to pit an alltime great from 50 yrs ago & say go toe to toe with the current great.. Performance on the job & task that you were given is ALWAYS the last determining factor when you can't get a true an accurate gauge from the opposition that was put in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
            Lol at the kettle calling the pot black. I don't even consider you a boxing fan. I have never even seen one substantial point that you have given or brought to the table... you're just here to insult.. you're probably on the payroll here.. so they keep you on for comic relief.. i take everything you say with a grain of salt,, you amuse me.. keep up the bad work.. son.
            Jimmy1569 is Superflo777

Comment

Statistical breakdown of Vitaly's last 10 fights

Derek Chisora - 17 fight novice who lost 2 of his last 3.

This was Vitali THROWING a bone To Chisora who was denied a Klitschko fight twice beforehand.. In hindsight IT PROBABLY should've been thrice denied.

Tomasz Adamek - 6 fights at heavyweight, 5 against fighters either considered journeymen or fringe contenders. Got his shot on the power of a majority decision over Chris Arreola who himself never beat a top 10 caliber fighter. Former light heavyweight.
              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              Former light heavy champion.. undefeated at heavyweight & was 44-1 if I'M not mistaken

Odlanier Solis - 17 fight novice. Talented but not committed to being in top shape and who's best win was over a 40 year old Ray Austin.
              +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              Undefeated.. never been knocked down.. a top 5 alltime amateur great with skills up the kazoo. Vitali GOT HIM out of there in less than 180 seconds.

Shannon Briggs - an asthmatic who hadn't had a relevant fight in 3 years or a relevant win in more than 4.
              +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              Former two time champion... (last AMERican belt holder) Holds the record for most first rd KO'S in heavyweight history

Albert Sosnowski - Never beat a relevant fighter leading up to Vitaly or after.
              +++++++++++++++++++++++
              ONLY one defeat

Kevin Johnson - Never fought a top 10 fighter before Vitaly or since, with only 23 fights.
              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              Promising american Heavy that was undefeated with a great jab.

Chris Arreola - Talented but plagued by weight problems. His best win was Jameel McCline who had lost 3 of his last 4.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              Promising American HEAVYWEIGHT slugger... that was undefeated & never been stopped.

Jaun Carlos Gomez
              - Best win was Volodymyr Vyrchys who never beat a top 10 fighter. Former cruiserweight.
              +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              A former cruiserweight champion with very good skills & Like Adamek was only defeated once

Sam Peter - easily the best win for post retirement Vitaly. Had a decent string of wins but was crude and unskilled.
              +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              Heavyweight slugger with only one defeat & also never been stopped & this was the third time YOU left OUT champion.

Danny Williams - Got his shot on the power of a win over a shot and unmotivated Mike Tyson. Never beat a relevant contender before or since.
              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pretty much somes it up... This was a chance to at least add Tyson To His resume But Williams F'ed IT UP FOR vITALI so he paid the price with the beatdowns of all beatdowns.

These here are facts I've stated. No hate, just facts. I'll dissect the next 10 tomorrow night sometime, but Vitaly's resume just isn't hall of fame worthy....sorry nuthuggers!

Yes Those are the facts But THEY were all negative opinions that were derived from them.. Not EXACTLY telling the entire tale of the tape.. WhY DON'T You take there cumulative record & see THERE winning % AT the time of said bouts.. we all KNOW they're 0-10 vs Vitali.. BUT what was there records & success rate before meeting up with the most dominant heavyweight that's ever lived.. I guarantee you they were used to winning 90% of THE time. 4 of the fighters were undefeated.. 4 were only defeated once (9 of the 10 had no more than 2 L'S on there resume) (Briggs had 4 OR 5 LOSSES) & three were stopped for the very first time. ALL 10 RECEIVED THE MOST LOPSIDED LOSSES OF THERE CAREERS! That's all that needs to be said...
              Last edited by jimmy1569; 07-01-2012, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                Jimmy1569 is Superflo777
                Lol.... you seriously think anyone can copy & paste all of this. I'm one of a kind son but thx for the compliment.. keep it coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
                  Where did this come from Joe C... you brought out the heavy artillery here. Even I can't compete with this masterpiece. Since everything in your post was Factual & non opinion based.. I will have to concede that the Bros are indeed ONLY undefeated in the mid to late 2000's & indeed have averaged a loss per year From Purity to Brewster... but answer me this are the brother's NOT undefeated from 1900 up until 1999.... so NOW WE're just going to dismiss them outright because of a bad 5 yr stretch where they barely had a 50% winning ratio... so let me see what you're telling me here.... the brother's are basically 0-5 when they lose & 101-0 when they win.. perhaps this is why they're NOT giving Holyfield his shot as he is the last one left from the 90's even 80's era heavyweights.. ALL Along i just thought they didn't want to be the ones to beat Evander into a pulp with there left hand alone... You have shown me the way Joe C.. bRILLiant analysis on your part.

Btw.. at least you bring it & hate a good game... these other's here i don't know about.

Oh & another thing.. Klitschko winning% is 95.3%...overall .. SPLIT UP TO BE above 90% vs 90's heavyweights & millenium ones as well but nice try as usual.
                  They started losing when they stepped up in competition. Vitali Klitschko vs Byrd was actually the first time America was exposed to them.

So the losses de finitely correlate with the step up in competition around 1999. And peteroff in 2005 when Tyson, Lewis, and the good Heavywweights retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                    They started losing when they stepped up in competition. Vitali Klitschko vs Byrd was actually the first time America was exposed to them.

So the losses de finitely correlate with the step up in competition around 1999. And peteroff in 2005 when Tyson, Lewis, and the good Heavywweights retired.
                    Keep up the good work.. son.. So now we know that they started off 0-1 on HBO & only because of a severe shoulder malady at that. What's there record against American Heavy's overall?. You do realize that the brother's had only two or 3 losses in the "strongest" of eras in the 90's FIGHTing opponents that Tyson Lewis & Holyfield were fighting... right... Check out THE common opposition records for all 3 great heavies.. let's add Bowe to the mix as well.. You'LL SEE that the brother's have fared as well & in some instances superceded the performances of the aforementioned 4.... this is how you really gauge comp when there's no head to head action OR alltime great fights on the resume..

Im really curious here.. just for fun can someone give me the common opposition records with all 6 heavyweight greats... don;t make me go & do it.. i'd rather a hater do it.. so they can see what hypocrites they really are & the crow eating will commence. I'm willing to bet either bro edges all 4 90's greats.
                    THIS MEANS combine all common opposition with each of the 6 fighters.. If Vitali is 2-0 & Lewis is 2-0 VS SAME comp.. THAN that's just one total to be added when they face off against the others.. cumulative RECORD wins out..

Let's COMPARE the last 6 great heavies comp against one another INSTEAD of always mentioning WHO THEY didn't fight... We can add Foreman & PERHAPS hOLMES into the mix as well.. WINNING % is the determining factor but Total W's wins out if one fighter is only 3-0 & another is 11-1... If both have EXACT SAME RECORD... THEN ko's Or hospital admittances are the tiebreakers... let's get it on! Put your money where your mouth is. To help get it started i'll do a quick Vitali run against all 7 other fighters.. be back with a total soon. Fighting each other counts.. SO vITALI is automatcially 0-1 VS LeWIS. wE already know these 90's heavyweights fought each other a bunch of times... while the BROTHERS only have Lewis ON THERE ledger..; so please don't mention that as that is not the objective here.. it's who they similarly fought (common opposition..NOT Uncommon opposition)
                    Last edited by jimmy1569; 07-01-2012, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• Old Mike Tyson KO Ettiene in 1 round

Etteine beat Brewster

Brewster KOd Wladimir Klitschko

IMO the Klitschkos were fighting and losing to 3rd tier 90s fighters in Sanders , Puritty and Brewster. They never fought that class of Ike Ibeabucci, John Ruiz, David Tua, and Prime Hasim Rahman.

Comment

Working...
                      X