No announcement yet.

(pic)Ortiz at hospital after surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    He only quit against Maidana, get over it bro.
    So you're saying he didn't quit against Lopez? I didn't see a count, or a knockdown. He quit in his corner. Get over what? He's a damn headcase. He had Peterson beat! As soon as Peterson pushed back he let his foot off the gas and allowed a draw. Turned into a scared fighter.

He got frustrated with Floyd and did what? A damn diving headbutt. You seriously going to tell me the Floyd situation wasn't a result of a mental lapse? I guess Tyson biting Holyfields ear wasn't a mental lapse either.

Comment

Again with the "He's different than I am, he must be a nutcase!"

For every action there's a reaction. Not even reaction is a "mental lapse" as you call it. Logic, use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
        Again with the "He's different than I am, he must be a nutcase!"

For every action there's a reaction. Not even reaction is a "mental lapse" as you call it. Logic, use it.
        That's not logic, that's common sense. He falls into the boxing description of a headcase. You can't seem to get your damn head around that small concept. Other fighters who fall into it are Miguel Cotto, but you'd have to dig really deep and dissect him to form a case.

People say he quit against Margo - sure, he took a knee, but the punishment he withstood was far worse than that of what Ortiz withstood. I've even seen you call Cotto a quitter - then Ortiz is a quitter too.

Cotto fights like a bully. He's the aggressor when his opponent is on the backfoot, but when they stand their ground he's on his bike - you can argue that's a headcase move too, as IMO he lost to Clottey for this very reason.

But, that's reaching, though not very far. In Boxing terms Ortiz fits the bill of a headcase. He's in there with Judah and Cintron, why is this so hard to understand? There are fighters who lack heart, and fighters who lack mental fortitude. I use to question Ortiz' heart, now I just question where his head is at because he does questionable things when under fire.
        Last edited by intoccabile; 06-27-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          So you're saying he didn't quit against Lopez? I didn't see a count, or a knockdown. He quit in his corner. Get over what? He's a damn headcase. He had Peterson beat! As soon as Peterson pushed back he let his foot off the gas and allowed a draw. Turned into a scared fighter.

He got frustrated with Floyd and did what? A damn diving headbutt. You seriously going to tell me the Floyd situation wasn't a result of a mental lapse? I guess Tyson biting Holyfields ear wasn't a mental lapse either.
          lol so now the Mayweather loss was a mental lapse and not a quit? Which one is it according to you wise one?

I think anybody with eyes can see that Ortiz was robbed in that Peterson fight. Yes Peterson came on strong in the later rounds (even though Ortiz won the 10th round), but could it just be that maybe Peterson is a good fighter?

I don't now why you're so riled up man, just because I don't share the same opinion or view as you? And it's obvious you have probably never stepped foot inside a ring and think it's so easy to stay composed during a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            lol so now the Mayweather loss was a mental lapse and not a quit?

I think anybody with eyes can see that Ortiz was robbed in that Peterson fight. Yes Peterson came on strong in the later rounds (even though Ortiz won the 10th round), but could it just be that maybe Peterson is a good fighter?

I don't now why you're so riled up man, just because I don't share the same opinion or view as you? And it's obvious you have probably never stepped foot inside a ring and think it's so easy to stay composed during a fight.
            Wait.. I'm confused. When did I say he QUIT against Floyd? Please show me this... I never said the floyd loss was a quit, nor did i sit here and call him a quitter. I said he quit against Lopez and Maidana, and those were mental lapses too, because to me, a quit is a mental lapse. Are you confusing me with someone else or?.... I noticed you were arguing with someone on ANOTHER POST about this topic too and they said he quit against floyd, maybe you're confusing me with them.\

As for the second half of your reply, my facebook info is in my profile. I have been Derrick Ennis and Gabriel Rosados chief sparring partner for the last year now and am working on getting my own career situated. Pics and Videos are all in my FB. So yes, i have stepped in the ring, many many times and have helped some of the best in Philly prepare.

Comment

Ortiz did this because he had a mental lapse

Ortiz did that because he had a mental lapse

Ortiz did it because he had a mental lapse

--

Umm are you sure he didn't do it because he was angry? You're mixing emotion with what you call a "mental lapse". Normal human beings show emotion.

But rather than Ortiz headbutting Mayweather because Floyd hit him with multiple elbows, it was rather a "mental lapse", right?

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                Wait.. I'm confused. When did I say he QUIT against Floyd? Please show me this... I never said the floyd loss was a quit, nor did i sit here and call him a quitter. I said he quit against Lopez and Maidana, and those were mental lapses too, because to me, a quit is a mental lapse. Are you confusing me with someone else or?.... I noticed you were arguing with someone on ANOTHER POST about this topic too and they said he quit against floyd, maybe you're confusing me with them.\

As for the second half of your reply, my facebook info is in my profile. I have been Derrick Ennis and Gabriel Rosados chief sparring partner for the last year now and am working on getting my own career situated. Pics and Videos are all in my FB. So yes, i have stepped in the ring, many many times and have helped some of the best in Philly prepare.
                Well then you have my sincere apologies in assuming you had no fight experience and good luck with your career. I'd like to see some of your fights in the future to see just how well you can deal with adversity and pain. You talk a good game, not doubting you but I'm just curious if you practice what your preach.

I don't agree with you on the topic we have discussed so we can just agree to disagree.

Comment

he's a mard ass

Comment

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
                    Ortiz did this because he had a mental lapse

Ortiz did that because he had a mental lapse

Ortiz did it because he had a mental lapse

--

Umm are you sure he didn't do it because he was angry? You're mixing emotion with what you call a "mental lapse". Normal human beings show emotion.

But rather than Ortiz headbutting Mayweather because Floyd hit him with multiple elbows, it was rather a "mental lapse", right?
                    Bro... even that anger is a mental lapse. He isn't a poise or level headed fighter. I wouldn't call him entirely emotional in their either (like, say, Chad Dawson, Lateef Kayode, and Yordanis Despaigne have been) but letting emotions take over like that, by definition, is a mental lapse is it not? He failed to keep his cool. You're pretty much saying what I said - difference is you're refusing to categorize it. Ortiz, by definition, is a boxing headcase. Why do you guys have a problem with me stating that?

Comment

You don't seem to get the simple concept here. Emotion ≠ mental lapse.

Anyway, we'll see how you handle a broken jaw in your future, if it ever happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X