No announcement yet.

New boxing video game announced by Nintendo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I've been shredding through them and their excuses all night long, I ain't skurred.

First they challenge you asking you if you'd have fought on through a broken jaw, then you counter by pointing out how illogical that comparison is because you're not a professional fighter who gets paid millions of dollars to get punched in the face.

Then they counter by pretending that a broken jaw is a life threatening injury that could've led to "permanent damage" had he taken more shots to the jaw, and you shred that argument to bits by mentioning the fact that Abraham broke his jaw in the 4th round against Miranda, and took 8 more rounds of shots to the chin from a much heavier puncher with no "permanent damage".

Then they get really eggy and just resort to personal insults because they have nothing left, then I laugh my ass off.

I know their routine.
    Well you said it yourself right there. If you dont know whats it like , dont speak.
    /Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
      Well you said it yourself right there. If you dont know whats it like , dont speak.
      /Thread.
      That's ridiculous.

So if the window cleaner only does 2/3 of the windows in my house I can't complain as I don't know the stress or mental hardship of being a window cleaner?

Comment

Originally posted by banburner View Post
        That's ridiculous.

So if the window cleaner only does 2/3 of the windows in my house I can't complain as I don't know the stress or mental hardship of being a window cleaner?
        Apple and oranges.... The dude went to war , ate big shots after big shots , risks his life to entertain US... Dude got his ****ing jaw broken and decided not to continue.Instead giving the dude some credit and to Lopez for doing a good job , people keep saying Ortiz is quitter , ***** blah blah blah ... Thats what i dont like with some " fans ".

Comment

Duran also has a 119 fight career, had multiple title reigns at Lightweight, Light Middleweight, and Middleweight, and is widely regarded by all experts as the greatest Lightweight fighter of all time. He'd also rape Victor Ortiz and make him quit in about 3 rounds.

Then you'd rush to your computer and say he was in life-threatening danger and totally justified in quitting because Duran was just a big meanie.
          yup after quitting he went on to eventually redeem himself by knocking out davey moore, going the distance/giving hagler a good fight when hagler was knocking everyone out, and beating iran barkley..etc..

Comment

Apple and oranges.... The dude went to war , ate big shots after big shots , risks his life to entertain US... Dude got his ****ing jaw broken and decided not to continue.Instead giving the dude some credit and to Lopez for doing a good job , people keep saying Ortiz is quitter , ***** blah blah blah ... Thats what i dont like with some " fans ".

It really was a good war. Great two way action for sure.

I felt like we got our money's worth last night, and some extra drama to boot.

They should put Ortiz against Cintron on every big fight undercard.
            That way people can be entertained even if the main event is a stinker becuz those guys know how to bring the drama-intended or not.

Comment

Where is the line drawn?

Comment

/Thread.

Comment

I can see people knocking Ortiz for the Maidana and Floyd fights, but this fight?

I mean he had a broken jaw and that is one of the few instances I think it's OK to want to stop the fight and come back another day.

Yes fighters have fought with broken jaws, but it really depends on where the break is,and to be honest, it's better to quit than suffer some career ending damage (in this particular case).

Now if we were talking about a hand, hurt arm/leg or any other injury....then i can see you guys point, but not a broken jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Popovich View Post
                    I can see people knocking Ortiz for the Maidana and Floyd fights, but this fight?

I mean he had a broken jaw and that is one of the few instances I think it's OK to want to stop the fight and come back another day.

Yes fighters have fought with broken jaws, but it really depends on where the break is,and to be honest, it's better to quit than suffer some career ending damage (in this particular case).

Now if we were talking about a hand, hurt arm/leg or any other injury....then i can see you guys point, but not a broken jaw.
                    Muhammad Ali, Pernell Whitaker, Tommy Morrison, Sonny Liston, Jose Diaz, Arthur Abraham, all fighters who've fought through a broken jaw and finished the fight. Many of whom had their jaws broken much earlier in the fight than Victor Ortiz did.

None of them suffered "career ending damage" from their injury, you're just making excuses for the kid's decision to quit on us last night, and reenforcing his "when the going gets tough, quit" attitude. I guarantee you this won't be the last time Ortiz quits on us, assuming he ever fights again.

Comment

Muhammad Ali, Pernell Whitaker, Tommy Morrison, Sonny Liston, Jose Diaz, Arthur Abraham, all fighters who've fought through a broken jaw and finished the fight. Many of whom had their jaws broken much earlier in the fight than Victor Ortiz did.

None of them suffered "career ending damage" from their injury, you're just making excuses for the kid's decision to quit on us last night, and reenforcing his "when the going gets tough, quit" attitude. I guarantee you this won't be the last time Ortiz quits on us, assuming he ever fights again.
                      Oh, that's a certainty.

Whenever Ortiz is faced with adversity he slowly breaks down, you can see it in his eyes.

At the end of the 9th round, Lopez was literally running around the ring to chase him. The worse thing is, when Ortiz starts breaking down he retreats and that's when he takes the most punishment because when he backs up he's useless and basically a punching bag.

Ortiz is simply not built for Boxing at the elite level. In all honesty, not many are.

Comment

Working...
                      X