Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lopez Breaks Victor Ortiz's Jaw, Stops Him in Nine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And once again (and this will be the last time I type it, because I'm sick of repeating myself only to have Ortiz apologists simply ignore what I said.....) the whole "would you fight on with a broken jaw?" argument is completely illogical and entirely irrelevant here.

None of us are professional boxers (well, some of us may be in disguise), and it's not our JOB to get hit in the face and hit others in the face for a living. It is however Victor Ortiz's job, and he gets paid millions of dollars to do it.

How cool would it be if you could just quit your job whenever you felt it was too demanding and you'd still get paid for it, and still be employed the following day and allowed to earn paychecks again? Because that's what Victor Ortiz does : He's paid millions of dollars to get in the ring and fight, and every time it gets too rough for his liking he throws his arms in the air, says "**** it", quits, collects his paycheck, and goes home until he gets another fight lined up.

Comment

• great card, really good fights, although he seemed stronger dumbass ortiz kept dropping his hands and mouth open when backing up,rematch should be good to.

Comment

• Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
        Ortiz's career is dunzo loool
        Nah.... Ortiz just need's to move up in weight against a couple of softies. He was weight drained like a mofo. I'm so happy for Lopez right now, he kicked the living **** out of Ortiz tonight.

Comment

• vs Maidana, then Floyd and now Lopez. Ortiz is the weakest minded out there. Not only is his heart questionable but in interviews, in his actions at the point of his quitting, his resorting to fouls when he's hurt, etc. it shows that he dosn't deserve to be in the class that they categorized him in. He lost a lot of fans again. Obviously,he doesn't have the Mexican's warrior mentality and spirit.

The funniest thing is that in pre fights, weigh ins, ring walk... He acts so tough then in the post fight interviews particularly in the 3 above mentioned fight, he sounded and looked mentally unstable. Danny Garcia was trying to get him out of there since he already knows that he'll say something ****** again. Robert Garcia sure is glad not to have Ortiz in his stable.

More respect to Ali, Abraham, Malignaggi, etc on fighting on despite more serious injuries.

Bob Arum is grinning from ear to ear right now unless GBP brings in either Cotto or Lara and sticks with the date.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            And once again (and this will be the last time I type it, because I'm sick of repeating myself only to have Ortiz apologists simply ignore what I said.....) the whole "would you fight on with a broken jaw?" argument is completely illogical and entirely irrelevant here.

None of us are professional boxers (well, some of us may be in disguise), and it's not our JOB to get hit in the face and hit others in the face for a living. It is however Victor Ortiz's job, and he gets paid millions of dollars to do it.

How cool would it be if you could just quit your job whenever you felt it was too demanding and you'd still get paid for it, and still be employed the following day and allowed to earn paychecks again? Because that's what Victor Ortiz does : He's paid millions of dollars to get in the ring and fight, and every time it gets too rough for his liking he throws his arms in the air, says "**** it", quits, collects his paycheck, and goes home until he gets another fight lined up.
            Sweet baby Jesus, they wont let me Green you for this post. The say I gotta whore myself around more.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
              Canelo was like damn can I just get a fight?
              He had that "I knew some **** was gonna happen" look on his face... just like I did.

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              While I understand that you have a certain amount of sympathy. And that is very admirable. But in a warrior's mentality, there is no QUIT! Regardless of the circumstances.
              Exactly! This is the hurtin bidness, and these guys are getting paid to do it. It is just very clear that Ortiz doesn't possess the capability to handle ANY type of adversity WHATSOEVER.

Comment

• I was rooting for Lopez but he didn't outbox or punish Ortiz. He fought well and just happen to get in one phenomenal punch that caused a ton of punishment to Ortiz. That's like saying Randall Bailey fought well the last time he fought. Everyone goes in there with a puncher's chance. It was an entertaining bout. I recently fractured a metacarpal bone in my left hand playing baseball and I have been out two months. It hurts when something breaks or gets fractured. As far as Ali being a warrior, are any of you footing that warriors medical bills now? My opinion.

Comment

• I think people should ease up on the hate. Victor & Lopez gave us 9 rounds of the type of fight we've been salivating all year for. Appreciate it more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    I know my man, but they GOTTA at this point. They gotta give it to him, and he WILL be ready on Sept. 15th. That dude will go through hell and back to land that fight. K-9 has a fight lined up and wont be ready, unless some step aside money is paid. I mean HBO is not gonna scrap that date, and I dont want Canelo fighting some cab driver. Or Miguel can be ready by Sept. 15th and he has most definately earned the right to get in there with Saul.

HBO is committed to Top Rank's Chavez vs. Martinez, it's Showtime for GBP...

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      And once again (and this will be the last time I type it, because I'm sick of repeating myself only to have Ortiz apologists simply ignore what I said.....) the whole "would you fight on with a broken jaw?" argument is completely illogical and entirely irrelevant here.

It says I must spread reputation around before hitting you up again. Spot on. Ortiz is a joke. I hope he has a long road of him before he is headlining cards on his own on channels like HBO or Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X