Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point would or were you no longer hyped about a possible May Vs Pac fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    I think when Hagler vs Leonard happened the fight still had more hype than Floyd Vs Pac has at this time
    Hagler-Leonard happened when both were past prime for a legit reason, Leonard's eye injury. That's why it had so much hype even though both were past it, not to mention Leonard wasn't a middleweight. The only reason Pac-Mayweather hasn't happened is pure f***ing greed, why would anyone stay hyped about a fight that hasn't happened because of greed? It's really not the same as Hagler-Leonard at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      It's really not worth it anymore. Neither guy is as good as they were two years ago, they'd be yet another year older if it actually happened next year, the fight itself wouldn't be half as good as it might have been in 2010, so really what's the point? We aren't talking about a fight between two ATGs near their best who decided to get in a ring and decided who was better anymore.
      I think the difference in Manny not looking as good the past 2 fights as he did against Clottey and Margarito 2 years ago, is the quality of the opponent in front of him.

Clottey was a good fight, a Top 10 WW, but he was a human punching bag in that fight. And Margarito.....a slow moving fighter who stayed right in front him and allowed him to do whatever he wanted.

Fast forward 1 1/2-2 years......he's got Marquez and Bradley. Marquez was a crappy fight at that point, considering the 144 thing, but Marquez is a counter puncher mostly who has the perfect style to f**k with Manny. And Bradley is a Top 10 P4P fighter, with solid speed and skills, who most thought would give Manny some problems here and there, and he did.

And Floyd to me, looks the same as the Mosley fight. His speed and skills are the same as 2010.

It's still a big fight, the main reason people say they are "over it" is because they th ink it'll never happen, and they may be right. If Manny was smart, he'd say that he'll take 55-45 or even 60-40. And if Floyd was smart, he'd offer 55-45 or 60-40.

50-50 is never going to, and shouldn't ever, happen.

Comment

I say two yrs ago. Confirmation came in Mayweather - Ortiz and Pac vs Mosley. You all still talkin about this huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Never really bought into the Pacquiao hype I knew he was good but never thought he had a chance against May.
          but I stopped giving **** about this fight when Pacquiao fought a suspended Margarito at Catchweight for a vacant belt and then Followed it up with SSM
          This right here.

Comment

Probably after the Mosley fight.

Comment

Pac-Floyd has lost hype for me already. I really don't care about it anymore. If they fight, good, if not, who cares. Believe it or not, I find Chavez-Martinez way more interesting than Pac-Floyd this moment in time.

For Pac, I'd rather watch him fight Marquez in Mexico and that will surely be big-both fighters are loved over there.

For Floyd, I'd rather see him fight Khan in England and that will surely be big as well-both fighters are loved over there.

In my opinion, watching Pac's last fight, he did seem past his prime already and I believe Floyd right now will box circles around Pac alot. Seeing how Bradley made Pac miss alot of his combos only makes me realize how much worse Floyd will make Pac look. I don't know if its Pac's lack of aggressiveness, age, politics, religion, etc...all I can say is that performance of Pac against Bradley will not be good enough to beat Floyd.

Comment

The point where Pac priced himself out at 50/50 regardless of him

-making less money per fight PPV
                -making less money per fight gate
                -being the lesser draw
                -multiple losses

Comment

I still want to see it. The level of butthurt on here would be hilarious if Manny won, and if Manny loses the Pacquiao fanatics will 99.99% vanish. Either way it is win-win if you ask me.

Comment

Pac v Marquez III

During this fight I realised Mayweather would put a whooping on him if they ever fought. I think Pac would get about 3 rounds max!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      It was suppose to happen in March 2010, but we all know what happened then.

It's still big. Pac-JMM III was when 50-50 was off the table no matter what, to me at least. Pac should have just beaten Bradley though, the #8 P4P fighter in his prime. But if Pac officially loses to Marquez and convincingly, it's OVER. The fight would stil generate tons of buys, but it won't mean the same thing. If Pac beats Marquez convincingly and if Floyd wins a fight, and then they fight, it'll still mean a ton be huge. They have to keep winning though.
                      Yea. We all know what happened. "Easy fight, easy work, probably easier than the Marquez fight. Hes an ordinary and one dimensional fighter"

" but theres no way HE can be that good so he has to take my phony random drug testing because hes on steroids. Nobody gets better after the age of 25".

Comment

Working...
                      X