Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point would or were you no longer hyped about a possible May Vs Pac fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I really don't care. Don't believe me if you want, but if the fight never happened, it wouldn't bother me at all.
    Lol..Some say 2013, but I give it 2014...and lets see how they feel then.

Comment

Can't even remember anymore, but I've had money on it for around 3 years now. Damn shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Never really bought into the Pacquiao hype I knew he was good but never thought he had a chance against May.
        but I stopped giving **** about this fight when Pacquiao fought a suspended Margarito at Catchweight for a vacant belt and then Followed it up with SSM
        ^--- I really knew it wasn't happening when Uncle Bob started talking about stadiums, Pac's cut needing 10x's the normal amount to heal, yet would've been good for Marquez on May 5th but not Mayweather, who even got his court **** pushed back to end the hype job.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I really don't care. Don't believe me if you want, but if the fight never happened, it wouldn't bother me at all.
          It wouldn't bother me if it doesn't happen, because I'm 99% sure of what the outcome will be. But if it does, it's still the biggest fight in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            It was suppose to happen in March 2010, but we all know what happened then.

It's still big. Pac-JMM III was when 50-50 was off the table no matter what, to me at least. Pac should have just beaten Bradley though, the #8 P4P fighter in his prime. But if Pac officially loses to Marquez and convincingly, it's OVER. The fight would stil generate tons of buys, but it won't mean the same thing. If Pac beats Marquez convincingly and if Floyd wins a fight, and then they fight, it'll still mean a ton be huge. They have to keep winning though.
            Manny can't just win though. He has to dominate. The whole reason the fight was so hot was because Manny would beat guys "better" than floyd and beat guys floyd allegedly wouldn't fight. Clearly, that isn't the case anymore.

Manny just needs to KO JMM!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              Lol..Some say 2013, but I give it 2014...and lets see how they feel then.
              Judging by how Floyd and Manny look now, we can easily say they will probably still be as good in 2013. But 2014, that's a big question mark.

Comment

I never cared at all.

I don't like either man. I don't watch either man's fights. I have no interest in any of their possible future clashes.

I find both boring TBH. I've tried to watch their fights in the past but I can't sit down and do it. They both bore me to tears.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  Oh it's still worth it. It's just not feasible it that will happen at this point. Arum knew what he was doing eith this bradley fight. He essentially tied pac ip for 2 more fights, one with marqez and one with bradley. Well that and most ppl probably think it'll be a wash now.
                  It's really not worth it anymore. Neither guy is as good as they were two years ago, they'd be yet another year older if it actually happened next year, the fight itself wouldn't be half as good as it might have been in 2010, so really what's the point? We aren't talking about a fight between two ATGs near their best who decided to get in a ring and decided who was better anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Never really bought into the Pacquiao hype I knew he was good but never thought he had a chance against May.
                    but I stopped giving **** about this fight when Pacquiao fought a suspended Margarito at Catchweight for a vacant belt and then Followed it up with SSM
                    this...
                    Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    when Bob started talking new stadiums...I knew it was NEVER gonna happen at that point
                    and this...

dont get me wrong, if it ever happened..Id definitely watch it..but I think its just a sad mis-match at this point..and both are getting older by the hour.

Comment

I think when Hagler vs Leonard happened the fight still had more hype than Floyd Vs Pac has at this time

Comment

Working...
                      X